It is currently April 16th, 2024, 7:43 am

Skin blocks my screen

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Alec

Skin blocks my screen

Post by Alec »

I just downloaded a rainmeter skin and it had the box tixed to open the skin upon install. As soon as the skin installed it took up the entirety of my screen. All applications run as normal behind the screen but I have no idea how to remove it. It seemingly covers everything including the taskbar and I dont know how to remove it. Anyone got any ideas?

Edit I was able to restart the pc and open my file explorer and delete the file before it loaded up
Last edited by Alec on December 16th, 2019, 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Skin blocks my screen

Post by balala »

Right click and in the menu click Unload skin.
If the menu doesn't show up, hold down the CTRL when right clicking the skin.
Mor3bane

Re: Skin blocks my screen

Post by Mor3bane »

balala wrote: December 16th, 2019, 9:38 pm Right click and in the menu click Unload skin.
If the menu doesn't show up, hold down the CTRL when right clicking the skin.
Right-clicking and selecting 'manage skin' will also allow you to control the "Z" position of any skin so it stays on the bottom or top or two varieties in between. you can also position any skin in manager by entering the numeric coordinates so that perfect arrangement can be laid out - finally you can save a layout in the layouts tab name it and save it then no matter what is going on go back to that layout - there's more so fidget with the widget. :D
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.