It is currently April 26th, 2024, 2:52 am

Touching Up Shape Container - Padding or Something Else? [resolved]

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Mor3bane

Touching Up Shape Container - Padding or Something Else? [resolved]

Post by Mor3bane »

Hello, I am going to paste the whole rmskin since it uses custom images and Fonts.

Everything works great. A small bug or two but nearly there, but that is a different story.

The skin has a list inside a Shape, I have been advised that the Padding parameter would be an answer to an old thing already resolved.

Now the aesthetic thing of creating a blank area at the bottom of the list whilst keeping the dynamic-ness of the shape as well as have my prettified png floating along up or down with the list variable for how many configs are chosen under that Variable.

Have a squiz at what's in this skin, hopefully someone knows how to do what I am trying to achieve.

I tried to use padding but it seems to have no effect.

Please see attachment for reference. I hope i am not embarrassed by the code but it works nicely so I haven't changed that much from Yamajac's original design.
Config Quick Edit_.rmskin
ChapterC.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Mor3bane on December 10th, 2019, 12:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
Mor3bane

Re: Touching Up Shape Container - Padding or Something Else?

Post by Mor3bane »

just realised that the skin won't change height with the change in the Variable - so perhaps just making space at the bottom for the prettifier png.

Thanks again... sorry for the confusing posting.
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
Mor3bane

Re: Touching Up Shape Container - Padding or Something Else?

Post by Mor3bane »

Ok, I kludged a solution by creating a new container for the prettifier image.

It is essentially exactly what I wanted and I get to feel like I got it on my own.
My DevArt Gallery

eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Touching Up Shape Container - Padding or Something Else? [resolved]

Post by eclectic-tech »

Talking it through (even if it is with yourself) always helps! ;-) :thumbup:
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

eclectic-tech wrote: December 10th, 2019, 4:51 pm Talking it through (even if it is with yourself) always helps! ;-) :thumbup:
Arguing with yourself is always fine, as long as you don't start losing the arguments...
Yamajac

Post by Yamajac »

jsmorley wrote: December 10th, 2019, 4:55 pm Arguing with yourself is always fine, as long as you don't start losing the arguments...
Oh....

Crap.
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

Yamajac wrote: December 10th, 2019, 9:58 pm Oh....

Crap.
you too Yamajac? my evil twin always finds a way to look like he's won, but that dont fool me.....
My DevArt Gallery