It is currently April 20th, 2024, 7:58 am

Monstercat Visualizer Displays Special Characters As "?"

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Technotastic

Re: Monstercat Visualizer Displays Special Characters As "?"

Post by Technotastic »

balala wrote: November 16th, 2019, 8:55 pm So, with MediaMonkey you don't get the Japanese characters, but those question marks. But with WMP the Japanese characters are shown correctly. Is this right?
Exactly.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Technotastic wrote: November 16th, 2019, 9:11 pm Exactly.
So, who says Microsoft's software are not good enough? My opinion is that they are very good. I have no problem nor with WMP, nor with Internet Explorer (don't be surprised, beside other web browsers, I'm still using it and am perfectly satisfied with it), nor with other MS software.
Probably many people won't agree me, but this is my opinion and I support it.
Technotastic

Post by Technotastic »

I agree that Microsoft makes great software, there's no dispute about that. In this case though, I am unwilling to switch to using WMP at this time. I prefer Media Monkey for the level of organizational depth it has, among numerous other quality of life features.

Besides that, I don't want to change my choice of media organizer (and the headache that comes with such a decision) for the sole purpose of making a rainmeter widget work. To phrase it another way, I want change a flat tire, not buy a new car. I understand there is only so much that you as an individual can do to help me. I am deeply grateful that you have taken the time out of your day to assist me in making progress on this issue.

-Techtastic
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Technotastic wrote: November 16th, 2019, 9:32 pm I agree that Microsoft makes great software, there's no dispute about that. In this case though, I am unwilling to switch to using WMP at this time. I prefer Media Monkey for the level of organizational depth it has, among numerous other quality of life features.

Besides that, I don't want to change my choice of media organizer (and the headache that comes with such a decision) for the sole purpose of making a rainmeter widget work. To phrase it another way, I want change a flat tire, not buy a new car. I understand there is only so much that you as an individual can do to help me. I am deeply grateful that you have taken the time out of your day to assist me in making progress on this issue.
You don't even have to. Use MediaMonkey if you prefer it.
As you said, unfortunately I can't help you here more. Hopefully someone else here will. Someone who is using MediaMonkey.
And don't thank me, I always help with many pleasure when I can. Unfortunately this time I couldn't too much.
Technotastic

Post by Technotastic »

I am going to append the following text to my initial post, since it is very important.

I have since discovered that this issue is not, in fact, the fault of Monstercat Visualizer. It is some kind of error that is native to the "NowPlaying" measure. If you create a new meter that does nothing except use the NowPlaying measure to get the current track or artist from MediaMonkey, the exact same issue occurs.
Technotastic

Post by Technotastic »

I am quickly realizing this changes the nature of my post. Does such a drastic modification to my original question require/merit creating a new thread? I want to make sure that my title and requests line up properly.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Technotastic wrote: November 16th, 2019, 10:27 pm I have since discovered that this issue is not, in fact, the fault of Monstercat Visualizer. It is some kind of error that is native to the "NowPlaying" measure.
No, in fact I tend to say it's not an issue related to the NowPlaying measures, but to the MediaMonkey player, because when using WMP and getting the proper title and artist name with the Japanese characters the same NowPlaying measures are used. After downloading your package the only thing I did was to change the PlayerName variable within the @Resources\variables.inc file.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Technotastic wrote: November 16th, 2019, 10:35 pm Does such a drastic modification to my original question require/merit creating a new thread?
Yes, you can create a new topic, I think.
Technotastic

Post by Technotastic »

For anyone crawling this thread in the future, I fixed the issue in a separate thread. You can find it right here.
larry

Post by larry »

Quik question can you get different colour of bars coming up at the same time on this thing?