It is currently April 24th, 2024, 2:54 am

Enigma World Weathercode

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
fido

Enigma World Weathercode

Post by fido »

I have changed the world 3 to show Dubai.

I have used weathercode AEXX0004 from yahoo weather. however for some reason the clock/timezone does not work from the RSS feed. The time shown is incorrect.

Can someone check/test this?
And also how can I fix this? It does not allow me to change timezone manually.
lolzplayer2

Re: Enigma World Weathercode

Post by lolzplayer2 »

i too am having this problem.
ive got 2 clock on my sidebar, my time and a friends time.
i am in arizona, they are in the uk.
both of the clocks are an hour fast.
i almost had a heart attack when i looked at the time and saw it was an hour later than it really was.
how do i fix it?
Old Mate

Post by Old Mate »

No idea how to fix it, but mine is half an hour faster than what it should be
lolzplayer2

Post by lolzplayer2 »

hope whoever programs this stuff reads this stuff :\
enigma is the only skin worth a damn, too bad it doesnt work >:|
lolzplayer2

Post by lolzplayer2 »

i found a sort-of fix.
goto the accuweather site. the real one, not the yahoo rip-off that rainmeter links to.
use the site to find the location of whose weather and time you want. look at the url, copy the end part, with the location, paste it where you have the weather code in your rainmeter settings, but delete the slashes.
the only problem is that the location label doenst show up this way, but at least the freakin time and weather are correct, so just remember which clock goes to where. not hard, if you rly need to have that second clock up.
if you look at my pic, you will see wat im talking about. thats wat the code will end up looking like.
weather.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

That should not work at all. Enigma doesn't use accuweather anymore, it can't for that matter the feed is gone. Yahoo uses weather.com so you should be using codes from weather.com.

At any rate I am looking into a fix. Please leave your time zone abbreviation and your utc offset, if you want to help get this fixed.
lolzplayer2

Post by lolzplayer2 »

lol ok dude....

btw, try it, it does too work...
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

I checked it out. The reason the time works is because there is no value for TimeZone= because [MeasureTimeZone] is not returning a value. None of the items pulled from the feed are, because your code is incorrect, it's not a valid url.
You are getting the correct time because without a value in TimeZone= Rainmeter is defaulting to your system time. So the only thing you have working is the time. I stand by my original statement ;) you could put abracadabra as your location code and you'd get the correct time, but that's all you get.

Now, back to trying to make this work the way kaelri wanted it to...

Can you tell me your location, your timezone abbreviation, your utc offset, and whether you are currently observing daylight savings time?