larry

skins

Post by larry »

how do i get the previous skin that i use to have on my desktop
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: skins

Post by balala »

larry wrote: November 7th, 2019, 5:07 pm how do i get the previous skin that i use to have on my desktop
Not sure what you mean by this. You had a skin and you unloaded it?
If so, you have to load it again (https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/user-interface/manage/#SkinsList).
If on the other hand you removed the skin, have to reinstall it, using the appropriate installer.
So, what do you have / want to achieve?
larry

Post by larry »

larry wrote: November 7th, 2019, 5:07 pm how do i get the previous skin that i use to have on my desktop
let me explain I have a skin called illustro which consist of several different clocks to choose from. One day I had an icon under the clock that I could not get out because the clock was in the way. So I decided to temporary unload it. I don't know what happened but now I have a different clock that I don't want I don't know how to get the older clock back. Otherwise no problem with rainmeter.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

larry wrote: November 7th, 2019, 7:45 pm I have a skin called illustro which consist of several different clocks to choose from. One day I had an icon under the clock that I could not get out because the clock was in the way. So I decided to temporary unload it. I don't know what happened but now I have a different clock that I don't want I don't know how to get the older clock back. Otherwise no problem with rainmeter.
illustro has one single clock, at least this is what I have. Because illustro is the default Rainmeter skin suite, I doubt you could have more. Or have you installed another version of illustro than the default one?
However if you did, try to right click the Rainmeter system tray icon and go to Skins -> illustro -> Clock. There you can see the available clocks of the illustro suite. Choose one from the list. If there are more, you have to load them one by one, to find the preferred one.
But I think either before or now you've loaded another clock than that of the illustro suite. If I'm right, you have to go through all configs available in Skins menu and find the desired clock skin. Unfortunately I can't tell what to look for, you have to try out all clocks, one by one, until you find the proper one. Can be a long work, depending on how many config / skins have you there.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Try checking for the latest skins you loaded in the Rainmeter.ini file (the Edit Settings button on the Manage Rainmeter window), skins are written to that file first time they are ever loaded and if that was a skin you loaded right after getting Rainmeter, it might be at the top of the list, but if you loaded it for the very first time like this past week, it might be at the end of the list.

Or... you know... just load every skin from the illustro (and obviously similarly named) folder(s) to find it... skins don't bite :P
larry

Post by larry »

larry wrote: November 7th, 2019, 7:45 pm let me explain I have a skin called illustro which consist of several different clocks to choose from. One day I had an icon under the clock that I could not get out because the clock was in the way. So I decided to temporary unload it. I don't know what happened but now I have a different clock that I don't want I don't know how to get the older clock back. Otherwise no problem with rainmeter.
I want to achieve getting my old clock back it is one of the clocks from when you click edit skin but when I click a different ones nothing happens
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

larry wrote: November 7th, 2019, 8:51 pm I want to achieve getting my old clock back it is one of the clocks from when you click edit skin but when I click a different ones nothing happens
We have no idea what clock had you before. The default illustro definitely has one single clock, so is easy to choose it. However I'm not absolutely sure you've used that one, maybe you had another clock than the illustro clock as well and you've used that one. That's why both of us, Jeff and me said to manually load skins, trying to find the one you're looking for. Unfortunately we can't give you more advices, because we can't know what have you used before.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Use the Manage dialog to deal with your skins. Just click the Rainmeter tray icon.
xenium

Post by xenium »

larry wrote: November 7th, 2019, 7:45 pm let me explain I have a skin called illustro which consist of several different clocks to choose from.
If the Illustro skin you are using contains more variants of clocks, it means that it is a modified version of the original Illustro skin.
Do you have a link from where you downloaded it?
larry

Post by larry »

Jeff wrote: November 7th, 2019, 8:34 pm Try checking for the latest skins you loaded in the Rainmeter.ini file (the Edit Settings button on the Manage Rainmeter window), skins are written to that file first time they are ever loaded and if that was a skin you loaded right after getting Rainmeter, it might be at the top of the list, but if you loaded it for the very first time like this past week, it might be at the end of the list.

Or... you know... just load every skin from the illustro (and obviously similarly named) folder(s) to find it... skins don't bite :P
my problem is how to load different skins