It is currently March 29th, 2024, 12:41 pm

Triggered Wallpapers?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Azothdefirenze

Triggered Wallpapers?

Post by Azothdefirenze »

Is it possible to have a skin that changes wallpapers and widgets based on applications that are open/active? Like if I opened a particular game, a certain set of wallpapers and icons would become active and go away once the app is closed. I don't know much about this stuff.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Triggered Wallpapers?

Post by balala »

Azothdefirenze wrote: October 17th, 2019, 6:36 pm Is it possible to have a skin that changes wallpapers and widgets based on applications that are open/active? Like if I opened a particular game, a certain set of wallpapers and icons would become active and go away once the app is closed. I don't know much about this stuff.
Setting the wallpaper is quite simple, there is a bang for this (!SetWallpaper). However changing the icons, is a much harder question. Probably a third party utility would be required, probably it's not too much recommended.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Azothdefirenze wrote: October 17th, 2019, 6:36 pm Is it possible to have a skin that changes wallpapers and widgets based on applications that are open/active? Like if I opened a particular game, a certain set of wallpapers and icons would become active and go away once the app is closed. I don't know much about this stuff.
Yes, by using the Process plugin and creating Layouts that include your wallpaper and skins for each application.
Process plugin
Layouts
Create a skin with measures that tests for each application and if active use the !LoadLayout bang to load the saved layout you created.
NOTE: This skin has to be loaded and saved in every layout you want to respond to active applications.

You would load and position all of the skins you want along with your desired wallpaper, then open MANAGE, LAYOUTS tab, and save this setup making sure to check "Include current wallpaper" with a unique name.
Do the same for your next application setup.

In order to have them "Go away" when the app is not active would require creating another layout, either a blank layout (no skins or wallpaper) or a "default" one and load that layout when the process is not active.

If you have 2 monitored Apps open, you may need to qualify your condition statements so only one layout is selected... so it is possible to do what you want, but the coding may be slightly more complicated then the example below.

Code: Select all

[MeasureProcess1]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Process
ProcessName=YourApp1Process
; Substitute="-1":"not running","1":"running"
IfCondition=(MeasureProcess1=1)
IfTrueAction=[!LoadLayout "YourApp1LayoutName"]
IfFalseAction=[!LoadLayout "default"]

[MeasureProcess2]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Process
ProcessName=YourApp2Process
IfCondition=(MeasureProcess2=1)
IfTrueAction=[!LoadLayout "YourApp2LayoutName"]
IfFalseAction=[!LoadLayout "default"]

[DummyMeter]
Meter=String
; All skins must have a meter to be valid
Replace "YourApp#Process" with the actual process name(s) and "YourApp#LayoutName" with the layout name(s) you created and saved.
Azothdefirenze

Post by Azothdefirenze »

Thanks for this. I will have to mess around with it and see if I can translate my idea to pc.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Azothdefirenze wrote: October 17th, 2019, 8:38 pm I will have to mess around with it and see if I can translate my idea to pc.
Feel free anytime to come back with specific questions, if there is any.
Azothdefirenze

Post by Azothdefirenze »

I have literally no experience with coding or anything really, so I'm sure i will have questions. I'm fairly certain I can stumble through a lot of the stuff though. I basically want a defualt skin that when I open certain apps, loads a new layout based on the app, and then returns to normal when the app is closed. basically profiles. I'll have to see if there is trouble when 2 apps that have profiles are open at the same time.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Azothdefirenze wrote: October 17th, 2019, 9:15 pm I basically want a defualt skin that when I open certain apps, loads a new layout based on the app, and then returns to normal when the app is closed. basically profiles.
Follow eclectic-tech's recommendations. As usually he offered a very good description of how to achieve what you want.
Azothdefirenze wrote: October 17th, 2019, 9:15 pm I'll have to see if there is trouble when 2 apps that have profiles are open at the same time.
No, there won't be, just obviously wont be loaded both layouts, because this can't be done. Probably the layout related to the second app will be loaded.
Azothdefirenze

Post by Azothdefirenze »

So after making layouts, and using the first half of eclectic techs code, it creates a wierd loop of all the skins refreshing in the main rainmeter window. I tried chaning prcoesses, and making sure i got the names and layout names right, but it seems to be stuck like that. Any suggestions?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Azothdefirenze wrote: October 22nd, 2019, 8:00 pm So after making layouts, and using the first half of eclectic techs code, it creates a wierd loop of all the skins refreshing in the main rainmeter window.
Possible. Please post for first the used code.
Azothdefirenze

Post by Azothdefirenze »

Code: Select all

[MeasureProcess1]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Process
ProcessName=destiny2.exe
IfCondition=(MeasureProcess1=1)
IfTrueAction=[!LoadLayout "destiny 2"]
IfFalseAction=[!LoadLayout "Default"]

[DummyMeter]
Meter=String
; All skins must have a meter to be valid

This was to test just transitioning while having one app open. i was gonna add a measureprocess2 section later after getting the first one working.
Last edited by balala on October 22nd, 2019, 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use <code> tags whenever are you posting code snippets. It's the </> button.