It is currently April 26th, 2024, 2:35 pm

How to make a simple lock screen?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
vielstein

How to make a simple lock screen?

Post by vielstein »

Hi! New to Rainmeter and currently fiddling around a Honeycomb layout. Been wanting to add a sort of lock screen, and so far found a really neat lock screen, by theAzack9, but it's not exactly what I need.

Is there a way for me to use that same method, but with the use of a button, that would call the lockscreen prompt anytime?

Thanks in advance!
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: How to make a simple lock screen?

Post by eclectic-tech »

You could look at Lock-Saver.
It may not be as simple as you want, but it gives you a button activation and can be simplified. :D
vielstein

Post by vielstein »

Oh wow! that's a tad bit complicated for me to understand, just by skimming through the .ini file. Great work though, wish I could do something like that. But i'm just starting out and looking at all those, uhm, meters and variables is a bit overwhelming.

i'll save this one though, maybe someday i'd be able to use it to it's full potential. Thanks!
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

vielstein wrote: October 16th, 2019, 3:01 pm Oh wow! that's a tad bit complicated for me to understand, just by skimming through the .ini file. Great work though, wish I could do something like that. But i'm just starting out and looking at all those, uhm, meters and variables is a bit overwhelming.

i'll save this one though, maybe someday i'd be able to use it to it's full potential. Thanks!
Okay, here is code for a button meter that will activate the "Lockscreen" you mentioned.

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
AccurateText=1
DynamicWindowSize=1
Group=#RootConfig#

; ========= Metadata ==========
[Metadata]
Name=Button to activate "Lockscreen" by theAzack9
Author=
Information=
License=Creative Commons Share-Alike NC 4
Version=0.1

; ========= Meters ==========

[MeterString]
Meter=String
Padding=8,4,8,4
SolidColor=192,192,192
Text=LockIt
LeftMouseUpAction=[!DeactivateConfig "Lockscreen"][!ActivateConfig "LockScreen" "Rainmeter.ini"]
The bang first deactivates the lockscreen skin, then activates it because the skin is never unloaded, it is just hidden, then shown on refresh or wake.
vielstein

Post by vielstein »

Awesome! Works like a charm!

Although I feel kinda bad, given that you provided a really neat skin, but I can't use it, my fault obviously, yet you went out of your way to provide a simple solution. perhaps once I'm more acquainted with Rainmeter, I'd be able to use your Lock-Saver skin properly.

Really appreciate your time, thank you very much!
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

vielstein wrote: October 17th, 2019, 6:36 am Awesome! Works like a charm!

Although I feel kinda bad, given that you provided a really neat skin, but I can't use it, my fault obviously, yet you went out of your way to provide a simple solution. perhaps once I'm more acquainted with Rainmeter, I'd be able to use your Lock-Saver skin properly.

Really appreciate your time, thank you very much!
Happy to help! :great:
Don't feel bad, it was my mistake to offer that complicated skin when all you really wanted was a way to launch the one you liked. :oops: