It is currently April 24th, 2024, 8:09 am

Skin expand/collaps to left

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Skin expand/collaps to left

Post by balala »

JamX wrote: October 16th, 2019, 6:21 pm The skin itself, as you can see is in the directory: D:\Rainmeter\Skins
No, it's not there. It is in the D:\Rainmeter\Skins\JamX_Monitor\Config\ folder. The skin is the .ini file. In the D:\Rainmeter\Skins folder you have the root config of your skins (JamX_Monitor).
JamX wrote: October 16th, 2019, 6:21 pm Misc.ini / System.ini / Disks.ini are all in the Meters directory with their own directory.
So:
D:\Rainmeter\Skins\JamX_Monitor\Meters\Disks\Disks.ini
D:\Rainmeter\Skins\JamX_Monitor\Meters\System\System.ini
D:\Rainmeter\Skins\JamX_Monitor\Meters\Misc\Misc.ini
Note that the configs are not the .ini files themselves, but the folder, starting from your Skins folder, which contain the .ini file. So, your configs are the following ones: JamX_Monitor\Meters\Disks, JamX_Monitor\Meters\System and JamX_Monitor\Meters\Misc respectively and you should replace the My1stConfig, My2ndConfig and My3rdConfig variables with:

Code: Select all

My1stConfig=JamX_Monitor\Meters\Disks
My2ndConfig=JamX_Monitor\Meters\System
My3rdConfig=JamX_Monitor\Meters\Misc
Details: https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/skins/#Config

Anyway this small error shouldn't prevent the skin to be visible. How many screens are you using on your computer?
JamX

Post by JamX »

balala wrote: October 16th, 2019, 6:43 pm No, it's not there. It is in the D:\Rainmeter\Skins\JamX_Monitor\Config\ folder. The skin is the .ini file. In the D:\Rainmeter\Skins folder you have the root config of your skins (JamX_Monitor).

Note that the configs are not the .ini files themselves, but the folder, starting from your Skins folder, which contain the .ini file. So, your configs are the following ones: JamX_Monitor\Meters\Disks, JamX_Monitor\Meters\System and JamX_Monitor\Meters\Misc respectively and you should replace the My1stConfig, My2ndConfig and My3rdConfig variables with:

Details: https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/skins/#Config

Anyway this small error shouldn't prevent the skin to be visible. How many screens are you using on your computer?
You are correct. It's my unexperienced wording which makes it confusing.

I use only 1 monitor. and now after replacing with

there is the yellow square.
JamX

Post by JamX »

wow, pushing the yellow square messes up the total layout

All 3 selected skins overlay on top of each other and the disks skin moves in from the left to the right
JamX

Post by JamX »

I've set it to only 1 meter to see better how it behaves.

I put the mouse in the top left position of the screen ( (0,0) coordinates )
Now the disks meters move from left to right till more or less the middle of the original position.
When I move the mouse more upwards ( on the table, (on the screen I'm already at the (0,0) coordinates) ), the meters return slowly to the original position.

also changed Y1stConfig=0 so it will not shift vertically
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

JamX, please pack the whole JamX_Monitor config and upload it. Just to check.
JamX

Post by JamX »

balala wrote: October 16th, 2019, 8:09 pm JamX, please pack the whole JamX_Monitor config and upload it. Just to check.
JamX_Monitor_.rmskin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JamX

Post by JamX »

Just a thought:

Maybe it is better to make a separate sidebar with only the "bleu" items, like misc, weather, disks, system, network, Spotify, stock market ticker etc. etc.
Then when you push on one of these BLUE items it will expand or collapse.
And make a specific position (0,0) for expanding/collapsing everything.

Or is my thought not smart?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

dvo wrote: October 17th, 2019, 2:49 pm wait till balala looks at it maybe he could fix some issues...
Yep, I actually did. Thanks for the trust.
JamX wrote: October 17th, 2019, 2:43 pm Maybe it is better to make a separate sidebar with only the "bleu" items, like misc, weather, disks, system, network, Spotify, stock market ticker etc. etc.
Then when you push on one of these BLUE items it will expand or collapse.
And make a specific position (0,0) for expanding/collapsing everything.

Or is my thought not smart?
No, the problem is not it isn't smart enough. A more important problem is that there is a lot of work, to achieve what you've described. As said, I'd use the same solution as described before.
One single update you have to make: replace the old code of the JamX_Monitor\Config\Config.ini skin with the following one:

[Rainmeter]
Update=-1

[Variables]
TooltipWidth=200
TooltipHeight=150
U=[!UpdateMeasure "MeasureSlideSkins"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureSkinsPosition"]
XStatic=-330
X=#XStatic#
My1stConfig=JamX_Monitor\Bar Vertical
My2ndConfig=JamX_Monitor\Time&Date
My4thConfig=JamX_Monitor\Meters\System
My5thConfig=JamX_Monitor\Meters\Disks
My6thConfig=JamX_Monitor\Meters\Network
My7thConfig=JamX_Monitor\MarketPrices-CNBC
My8thConfig=JamX_Monitor\WebNowPlaying
My9thConfig=JamX_Monitor\Weather
Y1stConfig=0
Y2ndConfig=0
Y3rdConfig=0
Y4thConfig=0
Y5thConfig=0
Y6thConfig=0
Y7thConfig=0
Y8thConfig=0
Y9thConfig=0

[MeasureSlideSkins]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=ActionTimer
Group=Sliders
ActionList1=Repeat In,20,22
In=[!SetVariable X "(Clamp((#X#+Abs(#XStatic#)/20),(-Abs(#XStatic#)),0))"]#U#
ActionList2=Repeat Out,20,22
Out=[!SetVariable X "(Clamp((#X#-Abs(#XStatic#)/20),(-Abs(#XStatic#)),0))"]#U#
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasureSkinsPosition]
Measure=Calc
Formula=#X#
OnChangeAction=[!Move "#X#" "#Y1stConfig#" "#My1stConfig#"][!Move "#X#" "#Y2ndConfig#" "#My2ndConfig#"][!Move "#X#" "#Y3rdConfig#" "#My3rdConfig#"][!Move "#X#" "#Y4thConfig#" "#My4thConfig#"][!Move "#X#" "#Y5thConfig#" "#My5thConfig#"][!Move "#X#" "#Y6thConfig#" "#My6thConfig#"][!Move "#X#" "#Y7thConfig#" "#My7thConfig#"][!Move "#X#" "#Y8thConfig#" "#My8thConfig#"][!Move "#X#" "#Y9thConfig#" "#My9thConfig#"]
DynamicVariables=1

[MeterSlide]
Meter=Image
SolidColor=255,240,0
W=20
H=20
MouseOverAction=[!KeepOnScreen "0" "#My1stConfig#"][!KeepOnScreen "0" "#My2ndConfig#"][!KeepOnScreen "0" "#My3rdConfig#"][!KeepOnScreen "0" "#My4thConfig#"][!KeepOnScreen "0" "#My5thConfig#"][!KeepOnScreen "0" "#My6thConfig#"][!KeepOnScreen "0" "#My7thConfig#"][!KeepOnScreen "0" "#My8thConfig#"][!KeepOnScreen "0" "#My9thConfig#"][!CommandMeasure "MeasureSlideSkins" "Execute 1"][!CommandMeasure "MeasureSlideSkins" "Stop 2"]
MouseLeaveAction=[!CommandMeasure "MeasureSlideSkins" "Stop 1"][!CommandMeasure "MeasureSlideSkins" "Execute 2"]
LeftMouseUpAction=[!KeepOnScreen "1" "#My1stConfig#"][!KeepOnScreen "1" "#My2ndConfig#"][!KeepOnScreen "1" "#My3rdConfig#"][!KeepOnScreen "1" "#My4thConfig#"][!KeepOnScreen "1" "#My5thConfig#"][!KeepOnScreen "1" "#My6thConfig#"][!KeepOnScreen "1" "#My7thConfig#"][!KeepOnScreen "1" "#My8thConfig#"][!KeepOnScreen "1" "#My9thConfig#"]
Note that I added all nine skins loaded by the JamX_Monitor layout. All of them are moved appropriately.
JamX

Post by JamX »

It's working !

Move mouse over yellow square and all skins move OUT
Move for the 2nd time mouse over square and all skins move IN and after left mouse click All skins stay in IN position.
When not left mouse click the skin moves OUT again.

The wizard has done it again :bow:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

JamX wrote: October 17th, 2019, 4:26 pm It's working !
I'm glad you got it working. Just one more comment: it's not a good idea at all to use spaces nor into config names, nor into .ini files names and finally nor into section names of a skin. Although it's not completely forbidden, nor a good idea is. Can cause a lot of headache. I recommend to get rid of those spaces. A such space is used for instance in both the config name and the file name of the JamX_Monitor\Bar Vertical\Bar Vertical.ini skin.