It is currently March 29th, 2024, 1:00 pm

Skin expand/collaps to left

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
JamX

Skin expand/collaps to left

Post by JamX »

Hello everybody,

I have a skin consisting out of 7 small skin's (7 separate .ini files)

Now these 7 are all permanently visible on my desktop at the left side.
Capture5.JPG
I want to make ALL of them, at the same time and action, expandable/collapsible to the left side of the screen.

Is there an easy way to do this, or do I need to put ALL into 1 "large/big" skin?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JamX

Re: Skin expand/collaps to left

Post by JamX »

I'll try to figure it out. :thumbup:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

JamX wrote: October 15th, 2019, 9:30 am Is there an easy way to do this, or do I need to put ALL into 1 "large/big" skin?
No, I think you don't need to do this. But first, are all those 7 skins just as wide? As I see on the posted image, I suppose they are, but please confirm first this detail.
JamX

Post by JamX »

Yes, they are, same size.

I would like them to expand/collaps when clicking the mouse on the blue left title text like weather or network or disks
Captur6.JPG
Or All at once.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

JamX wrote: October 15th, 2019, 7:49 pm I would like them to expand/collaps when clicking the mouse on the blue left title text like weather or network or disks
But those strings belong to the skins. If you slide out all skins, there will be no place to click to, to get them back.
But there is a workaround. Will post it immediately...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

JamX wrote: October 15th, 2019, 7:49 pm Yes, they are, same size.

I would like them to expand/collaps when clicking the mouse on the blue left title text like weather or network or disks
Captur6.JPG

Or All at once.
I suggest you to add the skin when you're hovering / leaving or clicking a new skin.
So, my idea: I'd create a variable, to control the position of the skins you'd like to slide. But instead of moving every meter of all those skins (which might be a quite complicated procedure, especially if there are a lot of meters and those meters are placed both way, relatively and absolutely) I'd move the skins themselves.
If you want to try this, first create a new skin (into a new config), which will control when the skins you'd like to move, are slide in and out. Later we'll transfere this action if you want, but first do this so. So, for first I'll propose an extremely simple code. Create the new config / skin and add the following code. This code works only for three skins, but later further ones will be added:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
BackgroundMode=2
SolidColor=0,0,0,50

[Variables]
TooltipWidth=200
TooltipHeight=150
U=[!UpdateMeasure "MeasureSlideSkins"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureSkinsPosition"][!Redraw]
X=-202
My1stConfig=
My2ndConfig=
My3rdConfig=
Y1stConfig=
Y2ndConfig=
Y3rdConfig=

[MeasureSlideSkins]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=ActionTimer
Group=Sliders
ActionList1=Repeat In,20,20
In=[!SetVariable X "(Clamp((#X#+#X#/20),#X#,0))"]#U#
ActionList2=Repeat Out,20,20
Out=[!SetVariable X "(Clamp((#X#-#X#/20),#X#,0))"]#U#
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasureSkinsPosition]
Measure=Calc
Formula=#X#
OnChangeAction=[!Move "#X#" "#Y1stConfig#" "#My1stConfig#"][!Move "#X#" "#Y2ndConfig#" "#My2ndConfig#"][!Move "#X#" "#Y3rdConfig#" "#My3rdConfig#"]
DynamicVariables=1

[MeterSlide]
Meter=Image
SolidColor=255,240,0
X=0
Y=0
W=50
Y=50
MouseOverAction=[!KeepOnScreen "0" "#My1stConfig#"][!KeepOnScreen "0" "#My2ndConfig#"][!KeepOnScreen "0" "#My3ndConfig#"][!CommandMeasure "MeasureSlideSkins" "Execute 1"][!CommandMeasure "MeasureSlideSkins" "Stop 2"]
MouseLeaveAction=[!CommandMeasure "MeasureSlideSkins" "Stop 1"][!CommandMeasure "MeasureSlideSkins" "Execute 2"]
To get this to properly work, you have to:
  • Add the names of the configs you wish to slide as My1stConfig, My2ndConfig and My3rdConfig onto the [Variables] section.
  • Replace the value of the X variable with the width of the skins (that's why I asked if they are same wide).
  • Add the vertical position of the skins you'd like to slide, as the Y1stConfig, Y2ndConfig and Y3rdConfig variables. Unfortunately this skin doesn't know the position of the other skins, that's why you have to add them manually.
Now if you1re hovering the mouse over the newly added yellow rectangle, you'll get the skins sliding in, when you're leaving it, they slide out. Obviously improvements will be required, both in functioning the code and in design, this being just a first approach, to see if it does work properly.
When you load the new skin, the others will stay on the screen, but when you're hovering the mouse over the yellow skin, then you're leaving it, they will slide out and after this start, the sliding will work on every mouse hovering / leaving.
JamX

Post by JamX »

I'll give it a go tomorrow.

Thanks already, also for the help on the WIND skin.
JamX

Post by JamX »

Hello Balala,

I have made the config.ini file (See below)
Capture10.JPG
I entered the following code for MyConfigs and YConfigs:

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
BackgroundMode=2
SolidColor=0,0,0,50

[Variables]
TooltipWidth=200
TooltipHeight=150
U=[!UpdateMeasure "MeasureSlideSkins"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureSkinsPosition"][!Redraw]

X=-290
My1stConfig=MISC
My2ndConfig=SYSTEM
My3rdConfig=DRIVES
Y1stConfig=110
Y2ndConfig=216
Y3rdConfig=314
When I load the skin, nothing happens. No yellow square, nothing
Probably I do something wrong.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

JamX wrote: October 16th, 2019, 8:30 am When I load the skin, nothing happens. No yellow square, nothing
I'm surprised, because if the skin loads properly, its only meter ([MeterSlide]) should load and a small yellow rectangle should open. Look for it on the upper left corner of your screen.
Be careful, it's not too large, being only 50 x 50 pixels. Maybe try enlarging it, replacing the W and H options of the [MeterSlide] meter with larger values:

[MeterSlide]
W=200
H=150
Also one more question: what are the exact paths of the three .ini files?
JamX

Post by JamX »

balala wrote: October 16th, 2019, 5:53 pm I'm surprised, because if the skin loads properly, its only meter ([MeterSlide]) should load and a small yellow rectangle should open. Look for it on the upper left corner of your screen.
Be careful, it's not too large, being only 50 x 50 pixels. Maybe try enlarging it, replacing the W and H options of the [MeterSlide] meter with larger values:

[MeterSlide]
W=200
H=150
Also one more question: what are the exact paths of the three .ini files?
I put the config.ini file in below directory
D:\Rainmeter\Skins\JamX_Monitor\Config\Config.ini
Capture12.JPG
The skin itself, as you can see is in the directory: D:\Rainmeter\Skins

Even when I increase W and H I see nothing.

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
BackgroundMode=2
SolidColor=0,0,0,50

[Variables]
TooltipWidth=200
TooltipHeight=150
X=-190
My1stConfig=Misc.ini
My2ndConfig=System.ini
My3rdConfig=Disks.ini
Y1stConfig=110
Y2ndConfig=216
Y3rdConfig=314

[MeasureSlideSkins]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=ActionTimer
Group=Sliders
ActionList1=Repeat In,20,20
In=[!SetVariable X "(Clamp((#X#+#X#/20),#X#,0))"]#U#
ActionList2=Repeat Out,20,20
Out=[!SetVariable X "(Clamp((#X#-#X#/20),#X#,0))"]#U#
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasureSkinsPosition]
Measure=Calc
Formula=#X#
OnChangeAction=[!Move "#X#" "#Y1stConfig#" "#My1stConfig#"][!Move "#X#" "#Y2ndConfig#" "#My2ndConfig#"][!Move "#X#" "#Y3rdConfig#" "#My3rdConfig#"]
DynamicVariables=1

[MeterSlide]
Meter=Image
SolidColor=255,240,0
X=0
Y=0
W=150
H=150
MouseOverAction=[!KeepOnScreen "0" "#My1stConfig#"][!KeepOnScreen "0" "#My2ndConfig#"][!KeepOnScreen "0" "#My3ndConfig#"][!CommandMeasure "MeasureSlideSkins" "Execute 1"][!CommandMeasure "MeasureSlideSkins" "Stop 2"]
MouseLeaveAction=[!CommandMeasure "MeasureSlideSkins" "Stop 1"][!CommandMeasure "MeasureSlideSkins" "Execute 2"]
Misc.ini / System.ini / Disks.ini are all in the Meters directory with their own directory.
So:
D:\Rainmeter\Skins\JamX_Monitor\Meters\Disks\Disks.ini
D:\Rainmeter\Skins\JamX_Monitor\Meters\System\System.ini
D:\Rainmeter\Skins\JamX_Monitor\Meters\Misc\Misc.ini