It is currently March 29th, 2024, 5:20 am

Meter [Styles] not bound to anything[solved]

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Jkon

Re: Meter [Styles] not bound to anything

Post by Jkon »

Yep,works for me also,even kept the title [Text].Nice one Wasky.I may now still have some hair left come morning.I'm not even going to try and figure out why it works,I'll not tempt faith on it.
wasky1

Post by wasky1 »

i am so glad for you! and i will erase any trace of your skin and awate your final! it truly is really nice.
Jkon

Post by Jkon »

Dont erase it if you want to use it.I dont mind what you do with it.
wasky1

Post by wasky1 »

thanks =)
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Our resident wizard spx has made the change to fix the problem you found. Here is an early preview of the build which we should be getting out this weekend. You can use this for now to progress with your skin. Be sure to actually get the real new beta build when it is released, as it may have additional tweaks we do to other things between now and then.

Please let us know if this fixes the issue for you. It should, it did for me with my copy of your code.

This includes both 32bit and 64bit versions of Rainmeter.exe and Rainmeter.dll. Just exit Rainmeter, back up your original files (just in case) and copy the appropriate .exe and .dll over top of them. Then restart Rainmeter.
Rainmeter0401.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

This does mean that if you want to distribute your skin on devArt or somewhere else, you will want to warn folks that they will need the latest beta version of 1.2 Rainmeter to use it, and you should wait until this weekend's beta build is released before you try to distribute your skin.

If you really want your skin to work for pre-1.2 users, you are probably going to have to eliminate the use of MeterStyles in at least that one skin, to get around the bug you found.
wasky1

Post by wasky1 »

any hint to what other tweeks/changes that we can look forward to?
Jkon

Post by Jkon »

Yes,this has fixed the problem for me also.thank you very much.spx your a star boss.Quick question JS,does rainmeter not check for and install that type of update it self or should i be manually checking for updates.

ok i should point out that to the best of my knowledge I have only been using v 1.1 and never downloaded the beta's.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Jkon wrote:Yes,this has fixed the problem for me also.thank you very much.spx your a star boss.Quick question JS,does rainmeter not check for and install that type of update it self or should i be manually checking for updates.

ok i should point out that to the best of my knowledge I have only been using v 1.1 and never downloaded the beta's.
There is a setting "CheckUpdate=" in Rainmeter.ini you can set and it will tell you that there is a new "release" version available, but will not download or install it. To be honest you are best off to just keep an eye on Rainmeter.net. In general I would recommend always installing the latest "beta" version. They are always backwards compatible and we (knock, knock) have never had a bad bug creep into a beta version.
Jkon

Re: Meter [Styles] not bound to anything[solved]

Post by Jkon »

I'll update to beta today then and thanks for clearing that up for me.I think for some people like me the term beta conjours up ideas of testing and such and scares them off.Thanks again for all your help.