It is currently April 19th, 2024, 4:19 pm

Challange for the PRO

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
JamX

Re: Challange for the PRO

Post by JamX »

balala wrote: October 18th, 2019, 5:26 pm I think this is a visibility question, how the eyes are seeing the colors when there is an almost transparent background and how when there are a darker one. The used colors (set into the [Variables] section)don't have transparency (there are no defined Alpha values), so the background color shouldn't matter, but the human eyes probably see them differently when there is a dark background and differently if the background is lighter. Not too much you can do about this, I suppose, eventually just to choose a background which satisfies you.

Normally, they are on the windcolor backgrounds, so they are not affected.
I don't know If what you say is correct.
When I put 80 alpha value to the background you see this result:
Capture16.JPG
Then I change the alpha value to 250 and the result is:
Capture17.JPG
Looks more that the transparency value of the "background" is put ON TOP of the wind colors and not BELOW.
When I put alpha to 10 the colors are even more bright.

Isn't this "Masking"

I this can not be solved, what would happen if all items in the sliding window are put into 1 container with a shape in it with a certain transparency and the items themselves have NO background color. Will the windcolor then be be unaffected?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by JamX on October 19th, 2019, 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
JamX

Post by JamX »

dvo wrote: October 18th, 2019, 7:33 am i don't have the script so i can't look in it so you have to wait till balala back is :Whistle
Here it is:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JamX

Post by JamX »

dvo wrote: October 19th, 2019, 9:40 am i got the script test the above weather.ini if this works wel :P made some changes :)

Updated on 19/10 : fixed Postfix="°c" new RegExp added a Measure it works...
Note, that if you switch to Fahrenheit this Postfix is not correct and should be changed manually.
JamX

Post by JamX »

dvo wrote: October 19th, 2019, 10:59 am oke deleted the c again in the Postfix="°c" ... but does the other things work oke with you like the weather forcast and the text above fixed that :)
All is OK, thanks to you two guy's :thumbup:
The only thing still open is the windcolor issue with the less transparant (more black) background where the colors are overlapped by the background color.
JamX

Post by JamX »

I think the transparent background color is "masking" the windcolor.
The higher the alpha value the less you see the colors, so more masking.
JamX

Post by JamX »

dvo wrote: October 19th, 2019, 1:42 pm nope just full color what i see is there is no transparant set on it. just dark colors dark on dark will give that effect.. :welcome:
otherwise you have to make the background not transparent that wil give a better visual effect. :D so a white box under it all that will make it pop ;-)
like they did on the site... :rolmfao: but you also have to alter al the text couse white on white will not show. :confused:
the quick way to do that is to have a static background set in light colors you will see that it will pop :o
So you are telling me that BackgroundColor=0,0,0,80 is not transparent?
To my comprehension 0,0,0 is black and 80 is the alpha value (transparency)

The wind color values are x,y,z so full color, so alpha at 255.
And they are not "dark" they vary from blue to green to yellow to red
Last edited by JamX on October 19th, 2019, 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JamX

Post by JamX »

dvo wrote: October 19th, 2019, 3:43 pm that doesn't effect the color of the green blue yellow they are full

Code: Select all

Color1=34,52,70
Color2=53,88,122
Color3=76,146,188
Color4=39,203,30
Color5=123,217,37
Color6=193,229,34
Color7=229,187,43
Color8=229,121,39
Color9=231,79,45
Color10=215,59,59
Color11=184,41,68
Color12=128,48,126
Yes, they are FULL, so why will this full color change when I change the transparency of the background color?

You'll see the same as you change the background color to white, like you mentioned. NO windcolor visible anymore.
So instead of the black, now the white background color overlapps the windcolor.
Capture18.JPG
JamX

Post by JamX »

dvo wrote: October 19th, 2019, 4:02 pm it's in front of the color the background .. so the structure is build this way... so no easy way... yes reprogram it al over... :-(
you can remove the solid color that's the bg of the top and change colors so that they not get unreadable...
use a gradiant that wil not effect on the white text.. so dark enough but not to dark with hard colors you wil have this ....
Isn't it possible to put a shape object (rectangle), or an Image like the sidebar image, beneath the values with a certain transparency and remove the background color.
Last edited by JamX on October 19th, 2019, 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JamX

Post by JamX »

dvo wrote: October 19th, 2019, 4:02 pm i have him totaly transparant no bg any more... :Whistle
Haha, If I had a "dark" desktop wallpaper I would also have no problems. But since I have a slideshow of pictures running as desktop wallpaper the colored text and windcolors are sometimes not that visible as I want
JamX

Post by JamX »

dvo wrote: October 19th, 2019, 5:02 pm i have now a bg behind it but you wil get the sam bg inder the rest... so no transparant any more :Whistle
screenshot and maybe some code/explanation?