It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:05 pm

Rotator for shapes

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Rotator for shapes

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote: October 14th, 2019, 12:57 pm I always seem to do things the "hard" way ;-)
Your simple solution is better, thanks :thumbup:
But yours works as well. It has the same result: the toll tip is not shown (well, in fact it is, but it's empty, so it's not visible). :thumbup:
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

balala wrote: October 14th, 2019, 4:31 pm But yours works as well. It has the same result: the toll tip is not shown (well, in fact it is, but it's empty, so it's not visible). :thumbup:
Just to be clear, using !SetOption with a value of "" removes the option entirely. It doesn't set it to an empty string of "". This is this way, and for good reason, so that when you use !SetOption with "", any MeterStyle that exists that sets the same option can then be caused to be used.

Code: Select all

[myStyle]
FontColor=255,255,255,255

[myMeter]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=myStyle
FontColor=255,0,0,255
LeftMouseUpAction=[!SetOption myMeter FontColor ""]
In this case the FontColor option is removed entirely from the meter, allowing the previously overridden option in the MeterStyle to be used.

If desired, it will also allow any "default" value to be used.

[myMeter]
Meter=String
MeasureName=SomeMeasure
Text=The value is %1
LeftMouseUpAction=[!SetOption myMeter Text ""]
In this case the entire Text option is removed, and the default behavior that just displays the value of the bound measure is obeyed.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jsmorley wrote: October 14th, 2019, 4:37 pm Just to be clear, using !SetOption with a value of "" removes the option entirely. It doesn't set it to an empty string of "". This is this way, and for good reason, so that when you use !SetOption with "", any MeterStyle that exists that sets the same option can then be caused to be used.

[myStyle]
FontColor=255,255,255,255

[myMeter]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=myStyle
FontColor=255,0,0,255
LeftMouseUpAction=[!SetOption myMeter FontColor ""]
In this case the FontColor option is removed entirely from the meter, allowing the previously overridden option in the MeterStyle to be used.

If desired, it will also allow any "default" value to be used.

[myMeter]
Meter=String
MeasureName=SomeMeasure
Text=The value is %1
LeftMouseUpAction=[!SetOption myMeter Text ""]
In this case the entire Text option is removed, and the default behavior that just displays the value of the bound measure is obeyed.
Nothing to say, just: :o and :jawdrop
I had no idea about this. Sorry for my ignorance.
Always something to be learnt...
ms310

Post by ms310 »

Just an update - created a new graphic for the timezone indicators.
2019-10-20_12h55_45.png
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

ms310 wrote: October 20th, 2019, 3:57 am Just an update - created a new graphic for the timezone indicators.
Code please?
ms310

Post by ms310 »

balala wrote: October 20th, 2019, 12:06 pmCode please?
Attached.

Same caveats as before - this is not entirely my work and is the work of many others mentioned in an earlier post.

Note: weather code needs to be cleaned up, background image with the lines needs to be cleaned up, I need to create a settings screen.

The scaling should "mostly" work - some work needs to be done there too.
MyCircles_.01.rmskin
(1.71 MiB) Downloaded 17 times
xenium

Post by xenium »

Looks good !
Note:
If you would like the weather information to be displayed in Japanese in Variables.inc at Link, replace en-GB with ja-JP.
ms310

Post by ms310 »

xenium wrote: October 21st, 2019, 9:14 am Looks good !
Note:
If you would like the weather information to be displayed in Japanese in Variables.inc at Link, replace en-GB with ja-JP.
Thanks, Xenium! I prefer English (I'm an American that lives in Japan). As I work on the settings skin I will consider this! I am thinking of changing the skin to use the "isitraining.in" website. The information is minimal but the site is fast. I really like the flag "is it raining" in the information that is returned. I am thinking of adding some kind of nifty indicator besides the weather icon to show that it is actually raining right now or not. We shall see how much time permits!

Thank you for the feedback!