It is currently April 25th, 2024, 5:21 pm

Can I do a skin to keyboard?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Engel

Can I do a skin to keyboard?

Post by Engel »

Hello, I want help with this, in my fisic keyboard don´t working keys like the letter b and the n, And I want to know if is posible do like a skin to write this letters, and don´t use all the virtual keyboard, thank you for the attention
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Can I do a skin to keyboard?

Post by balala »

Engel wrote: September 26th, 2019, 4:21 pm Hello, I want help with this, in my fisic keyboard don´t working keys like the letter b and the n, And I want to know if is posible do like a skin to write this letters, and don´t use all the virtual keyboard, thank you for the attention
Not sure I understood, but if I'm not mistaken, unfortunately the answer is no, it's not possible. Could be possible to write those letters into the skin itself, but I don't know a way to transfere the letters into any program you're using. Because I suppose this would be the idea, to can write them into any open program.
Please let me know if indeed this is your intention.
qwerky

Post by qwerky »

Engel wrote: September 26th, 2019, 4:21 pm Hello, I want help with this, in my fisic keyboard don´t working keys like the letter b and the n, And I want to know if is posible do like a skin to write this letters, and don´t use all the virtual keyboard, thank you for the attention
If you want to remap keys on your keyboard, AutoHotkey would work fine.

There is also a utility reviewed in this HowTo Geek article which reportedly can do that and more, though I haven't used it.
Engel

Post by Engel »

balala wrote: September 26th, 2019, 5:22 pm Not sure I understood, but if I'm not mistaken, unfortunately the answer is no, it's not possible. Could be possible to write those letters into the skin itself, but I don't know a way to transfere the letters into any program you're using. Because I suppose this would be the idea, to can write them into any open program.
Please let me know if indeed this is your intention.
Yes it is, actually I use the keyboard of windows, but use a lot of space in the window, so I thought if is posible replace this whith a kind of skin of rainmeter
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Engel wrote: September 26th, 2019, 8:25 pm Yes it is, actually I use the keyboard of windows, but use a lot of space in the window, so I thought if is posible replace this whith a kind of skin of rainmeter
No, I think it's not, but see qwerky's reply above. I suppose AutoHotkey might help you.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Engel wrote: September 26th, 2019, 8:25 pm Yes it is, actually I use the keyboard of windows, but use a lot of space in the window, so I thought if is posible replace this whith a kind of skin of rainmeter
Besides the other suggestions, you can resize the on-screen keyboard window to reduce the amount of screen space by dragging the window edges. There is a limit to how small (minimum size shown for my screen res), but I can't see any advantage a skin could provide.
winkeybrd.png
Sorry to learn of the keyboard shortage in your area. ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.