It is currently April 18th, 2024, 5:47 am

Rainmeter wont show gpu bar correctly, please help.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
patrygg

Rainmeter wont show gpu bar correctly, please help.

Post by patrygg »

Hello guys!
I have problem with displaying vcore and framerate from gpu bar in the newest rainmeter. I've tried everything and nothing happend.
Here you can see my second pulpit ehere i'm using rainmeter. as u can see the values in gpu 'framerate' and 'vcore' are 0.

There is .ini from GPU bar:

MSI Afterburner shows core voltage correctly:

and from managing rainmeter:

i've tried to msiafterburner.dll x32 and x64 in rainmeter/plugins and %appdata% and nothing. Updated to the newest version of rainmeter and afterburner. Unlocked core voltage in all ways in afterburner. Any ideas?

if someone want the skin packed like that, here u are, i've packed that yesterday: {Zippyshare Link Removed}
Last edited by eclectic-tech on September 24th, 2019, 3:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Please use a different hosting service for your files. Google Drive, Mediafire, One Drive, etc.
mak_kawa

Re: Rainmeter wont show gpu bar correctly, please help.

Post by mak_kawa »

I have no idea for your MSIAfterburner issues. But the site (Zippyshare) linked from your post seems to be malicious, at least for me.

When I access to this site, I encounter opening of useless advertise pages one after another. And further, after the access and close browser (MS Edge), I encounter warning notices from the site which say "Your Windows has been broken" or "You have to scan your system drive" ...

Now I know the site is famous as "Zippyshare Virus". Please stop posting such wrong site link, please.

PS.: Thanks eclectic-tech for quick removal of the link.
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Still I am not sure about your MSIAfterburner issue, but there seems to be some doubt on compatibility among MSIAfterburner, its plugin and graphic processor/card.

In fact, MSIAfterburner4.6.2 beta2 does not show GPU voltage, Fan speed, GPU temperature for my AMD RX550 card.
And MSIAfterburner plugin (v.2.0) on Rainmeter reports zero Framerate and Voltage also in my environment, see the following code and attached image.

Code: Select all

Rainmeter]
Update=1000

[MeasureFramerate]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=MSIAfterburner
DataSource=Framerate
GPU=0

[MeasureVRam]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=MSIAfterburner
SourceID=49
GPU=0

[MeasureVoltage]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=MSIAfterburner
SourceID=64
GPU=0

[MeasureGPUusage]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=MSIAfterburner
DataSource=GPU usage
GPU=0

[MeasureGPUtemp]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=MSIAfterburner
DataSource=GPU temperature
GPU=0

[DummyMeter]
Meter=String
MSIafterburner.png
Data source and SourceID descriptions are actually right? I can't confirm them because of unavailability of documents for the plugin.
If so, maybe there is some incompatibility between MSIAfterburner and the plugin?? I don't know where we can get an up-to-date version of the plugin, if exists.

So finally, my strong recommendation is to use HWiNFO and its plugin for Rainmeter, instead of MSIAfterburner/plugin with issues.

Ps.: MSIAfterburner plugin is not standard/supported component of Rainmeter. So this issue is not a "Rainmeter wont show" thing, I think. Rainmeter is just showing the output zero values from MSIAfterburner and its plugin.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Halfmead

Post by Halfmead »

A little late to the discussion.

For me simply downloading the MSIAfterburner.DLL - 64bit and putting it in the Rainmeter plugin folder works (the VCore monitoring is a bit hit&miss tho), for fan control though i think you'd need the Speedfan tool(DLL?) to get fan monitoring work.

I removed the fanspeed part from mine, the temp will show me if fans are running or nor :p

Am debating with myself wether to completely remove Afterburner/RTSS and switch to HWInfo.... since after getting my rx5600xt and the amd radeon adrenaline software there are conflicts between those programs... and i primarily used those for OC'ing my Nvidia card, they may be reduntant now.