It is currently April 26th, 2024, 2:45 pm

Can't move widget horizontally

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
BrindGallos

Can't move widget horizontally

Post by BrindGallos »

One of my widgets or apps whatever you call them won't move horizontally and I cant figure out why. Normally this wouldn't be as issue except as you can see in the attachment, it isn't centered and it is driving my OCD crazy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ikarus1969

Re: Can't move widget horizontally

Post by ikarus1969 »

So besides it's driving you nuts: an image alone doesn't help. Really. How should it?

There can be various reasons why the elements you have marked red can't be moved.
eg. are they parts of a skin or a separate one?

Press "Alt"-"Ctrl" (or "Alt"-"Strg" on some german keyboards) and see how big the skin is (it will be colored in a light red), make a screenshot and post it.

Together with the whole skin, preferable in the rmskin-format or, at least, tell us where we can download the skin to dig into it.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

If we assume that the circled bit is a separate skin, it's as simple as holding down CTRL-ALT and clicking it. It will become highlighted in red, and you can just use the arrows keys on your keyboard to "nudge" it around as you like.
BrindGallos

Post by BrindGallos »

My apologies for it taking so long for me to reply. I will be attaching the image requested on this post and the rmskin file is located at

https://www.deviantart.com/brindgallos/art/Example-1-820789403

Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

As a quick fix before someone provides a horribly long fix for this, untick the Keep on screen box in the Mamage window (or in it's right click options) for that skin and then you'll be able to drag it, also in the same skin or includes, find anything related to !Move and kill it
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Couldn't you just change the X position of those meters within the skin?
That way the skin stays centred and is correctly adjusted imho. :D
- MuLab -