It is currently April 19th, 2024, 12:32 pm

Stacked Loops + Combining .gifs: Think Tank

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Vx_Lotus

Re: Stacked Loops + Combining .gifs: Think Tank

Post by Vx_Lotus »

8-) Would it be better to use the Modulo then? To work for a [MeterCPU] with 10 displays for using one for each 10%? or Would I have to choose a new strategy? like a moving background image that slides? #Worried about cpu limitations# I thought about a variable that calls like 1,2,3,4,5 ect. All depending on % ratio. I also thought about using a [MeterLine] to go with it. I wasn't sure which one of these options would draw the most power so I just made 10 images 3 different ways and have been sitting on them. I tried to find a skin that already had a feature like the 1,2,3,4,5 but all I found was a battery meter that had 3 colors.. It would change the color depending on % 25% 50% and over 75. Each color had its own .ini and its own image. "was thinking that's a bit much for 1 meter lol. But now i'm not so sure.

Code: Select all

[MeterBackground]
Meter=Image
ImageName="#@#Images\VialPercentages\SGVial0.png"
WindowX=(#WORKAREAY# + Offset)
WindowY=(Offset + SkinHeight)B
W=45
H=125
;***************************Vials from 10 - 100**********************
[Variables]
Meter=Image
;ImageMeter="#@#Images\VialPercentages\SGVial10.png"
;ImageMeter2="#@#Images\VialPercentages\SGVial20.png"
;ImageMeter3="#@#Images\VialPercentages\SGVial30.png"
;ImageMeter4="#@#Images\VialPercentages\SGVial40.png"
the above doesn't work- started thinking about its build a while ago but, put it off to the side. I was looking in the manual for something like this. But I haven't found anything exactly like it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

If you make each transition image exactly the same size, then the most resource friendly method might be to use a Bitmap Meter for those displays.

[MeasureCPU]
Measure=cpu
Processor=0
;AverageSize=2

[MeterBitmap]
Meter=Bitmap
MeasureName=MeasureCPU
BitmapImage=#@#Images\VialPercentages\VialsPercentagesGreen11.png
BitmapFrames=11
BitmapZeroFrame=1
; BitmapTransitionFrames=
; BitmapExtend=
; BitmapDigits=
; BitmapAlign=
; BitmapSeparation=
; Documentation: https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual-beta/meters/bitmap/
bitmap.gif
I modified your green percentage image so all "frames" were the same dimension and copied the green regions to each to demo how this would work using a Bitmap Meter.
VialsPercentagesGreen11.png
Here is a blank 11 "frame" image I started with.
VialsPercentagesBlank11.png
You can use this to create alternate colors; notice that each "frame" is identical in size and the vial placement, so when displayed only the different color vials levels will change.

This is one method to try. But if editing those bitmap graphics is too much, then perhaps we can try another approach, however, I feel any other method is going to use more CPU cycles. :uhuh:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vx_Lotus

Post by Vx_Lotus »

Editing them this way was my last approach from what I recall. I don't think I finished getting them in the right place when I worked on them. The multi-color ones were supposed to be a bitmap option for code simplicity. The Single image was for the CPU for certain, and the glowing one was going to be buttons I think. Haha I'm not sure exactly where I was going with it but I had them put back so I could use them for sure. Even though I made it that far, thinking of user select choice formats was what caught me up. So I decided to go back and work on a few other things meanwhile. This is clever. How would you put these (above\below) to use? Based on your experience \ preference? (Here are some more. Feel free to use them as you please) "Water cool temperature?" This idea was a suggestion by a friend but its not really code friendly.

MeasureName=MeasureCPU
BitmapImage=#@#Images\VialPercentages\VialsPercentagesGreen11.png
;Bitmap=resize?
BitmapFrames=11
BitmapZeroFrame=1
Last edited by Vx_Lotus on August 15th, 2019, 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Vx_Lotus wrote: August 15th, 2019, 2:07 pm How would you put these (above\below) to use? Based on your experience \ preference? (Here are some more. Feel free to use them as you please) "Water cool temperature?" This idea was a suggestion by a friend but its not really code friendly.
For items that are measured, I would edit the images so they work with the Bitmap Meter. That way you simply change the MeasureName and BitmapImage in the code to have a new skin.

For buttons, I would just use a single image or a 3-frame button image that reacts to mouse actions.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Here is another method using a Bar Meter to display CPU levels using a vial image.

I created the images and saved them (for now) in the same folder as skin so I could post them as a Patch to TheRedQueen suite you are working on.

This patch rmskin WILL NOT change anything in your current suite; it WILL add a new subfolder named "VialMeasures" with a "CPU" folder with the skin and images.
vialmeasures.gif
Download and open the rmskin to add this example to your suite.

Feel free to use (or not) any of this. :)
I am going to have to take a break for a day or so; life interruption!
Vx_Lotus

Post by Vx_Lotus »

This looks better than mine! :D Thanks! No Idea how your able to do this so quickly. Clearly I'm just inexperienced by comparison; maybe I should just give you the thesis or pay you to do it lol. If you have any other skins that would or could be used that look this good let me know for sure :thumbup: Even if you have ideas as to looks \ approach. I'm outside the box on this one. That being said, I think to make things easier on myself, I will just make mine buttons lol.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

You should have realized I was a Resident Evil fan when I showed interest in your project! :sly:

I enjoyed putting the vial graphics together. it was just to give you an actual bar image example to see how things can work.
I'm glad you like it, it is yours, to use any way you want.

It was not my intention to minimize any of the work you have done :uhuh:
I think you have a good looking suite, so please keep posting ideas, asking options, and any questions.

There are usually many ways to get things done, and as the suite author, you decide what works best for you! :thumbup:
Vx_Lotus

Post by Vx_Lotus »

I really like the custom actions option. So much was possible with that and you used so few images :o. There must be many more advanced things that could be done. Maybe I'm not thinking large enough :phhht. Baby steps #1 priority though. Perhaps an Interface should be a thing. Kinda like the one you put in your original RE Suite which had to of taken you some time to create, as I'm having trouble understanding how it was put together.
When you made it, did you prioritize user options or graphics? Click a button - do stuff - rinse repeat? then group them into a type of batch file? Either way its something I would like to figure out later down the road. Most of the Ideas I came across for this were from - the Computers that Dr. Isaacs used in the films. Some of the others came from the games. It was brought to my attention that maybe other people would want it. So I've been trying to keep an open mind. Even going as far as putting hidden Zombies in the suite to add effect. Though a little humorous it isn't needed. Most computer users are of average knowledge about pc's. So putting things in that are too advanced may not be the best idea. Things that help the user organize or help them manage tasks is harder to accomplish. Everyone has something they like individually. So my focus just went to ultimate pc--- Do everything. Hide stuff on purpose, make things easy, allow for advanced usage and allow customization. To do all of this really is a challenge. Prolly why there are so few complete suites that have it all. J.A.R.V.I.S caught my eye as well... maybe I'll incorporate some similar ideas. If I could put Cortana's nerve center into rainmeter.. :rofl: anyways.... I found an alternative. Its just a matter of looks at the moment. Hence the Red Queen. I'll keep grinding for now. Piecing together the look. PS: you have not minimized anything, you've made my life easier to deal with lol.

Seriously though:
Would it be difficult to make a little command box?

#Click - Bring up text box
#Type in command
#Bring up module/skin with button function?
#hide skin from rainmeter control
(Looking to make red queen a type of Parent object)
The Top bar houses many keys/functions but visually, If they are hidden.... It might give a whole new feel to rainmeter.

Or maybe do something like - Hover over red queen and graphically grow surrounding skins.
On a second note: I made some changes to the top Bar. (Still working on my Colored text problem and working in loaded feeds like Cam4 has issue)
I also made a new folder called Virus' :sly: and put C,G,T, Plagas buttons inside to clean things up a bit.

[Rainmeter]
Author=@VX_Lotus

;**********************************TOP BAR**********************************
[BackgroundFrame]
Meter=IMAGE
ImageName="#@#Background\UmbrellaCorp1353x746.png"

[TopBar]
Meter=IMAGE
ImageName="#@#Background\TOP.png"
W=#SCREENAREAWIDTH#
H=(#WORKAREAWIDTH# / 16) 

[Umbrella]
Meter=Image
W=50
H=50
ImageName="#@#Images\Umbrella Icons\Umbrella.png"
Tooltiptext="Documents"

LeftMouseDownAction=!Execute [::{450D8FBA-AD25-11D0-98A8-0800361B1103}] 

;************************************UMBRELLA CORP. TEXT*************************
[UmbrellaCorpText]
Meter=String
FontFace=Resident Evil
FontSize=36
X=50
Y=15
Text=UMBRELLA
FontColor=255, 0, 0, 255"
dynamicvariables=1
ToolTipText=T-virus Explanation

[UmbrellaCorpText2]
Meter=String
FontFace=Resident Evil
FontSize=36
Text=CORP
X=280
Y=15
dynamicvariables=1

[UmbrellaCorpText3]
Meter=String
FontFace=Resident Evil
FontSize=36
Text=.
X=375
Y=45
dynamicvariables=1

;***************************Cam 1*****************************
[VariablesCam1]
FontColorPassive=0,255,255,255
FontColorActive=255,0,0,255

[Cam1]
Meter=String
StringStyle=BOLD
;FontFace=Resident Evil
FontSize=16
Text=CAM. 01
X=445
Y=62
Tooltiptext="Hive"
;ACTIVE
FontColor="0,255,255,255"
AntiAlias=1
dynamicvariables=1

MouseOverAction=[!SetOption Cam1 FontColor "0,255,255,255"][!UpdateMeter Cam1][!Redraw]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption Cam1 FontColor "255,255,255,255"][!UpdateMeter Cam1][!Redraw]
LeftMouseDownAction=[!SetOption Cam1 FontColor "255,0,0,255"][!ToggleConfig "TheRedQueen\LoadingSequence\Hive" "Hive.ini"][!UpdateMeter Cam1][!Redraw]

;*****************************Cam 2******************************
[VariablesCam2]

[Cam2]
Meter=String
StringStyle=BOLD
;FontFace=Resident Evil
Tooltiptext="Detroit Facility"
FontSize=16
Text=CAM. 02
X=605
Y=62
;ACTIVE
AntiAlias=1
dynamicvariables=1

MouseOverAction=[!SetOption Cam2 FontColor "0,255,255,255"][!UpdateMeter Cam2][!Redraw]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption Cam2 FontColor "255,255,255,255"][!UpdateMeter Cam2][!Redraw]
LeftMouseDownAction=[!SetOption Cam2 FontColor "255,0,0,255"][!ToggleConfig "TheRedQueen\LoadingSequence\Detroit" "Detroit.ini"][!UpdateMeter Cam2][!Redraw]

;*****************************Cam 3******************************
[VariablesCam3]

[Cam3]
Meter=String
StringStyle=BOLD
;FontFace=Resident Evil
Tooltiptext="Paris Facility"
FontSize=16
Text=CAM. 03
;ACTIVE
X=760
Y=62
AntiAlias=1
dynamicvariables=1

MouseOverAction=[!SetOption Cam3 FontColor "0,255,255,255"][!UpdateMeter Cam3][!Redraw]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption Cam3 FontColor "255,255,255,255"][!UpdateMeter Cam3][!Redraw]
LeftMouseDownAction=[!SetOption Cam3 FontColor "255,0,0,255"][!ToggleConfig "TheRedQueen\LoadingSequence\Paris" "Paris.ini"][!UpdateMeter Cam3][!Redraw]

;*****************************Cam 4******************************
[VariablesCam4]

[Cam4]
Meter=String
StringStyle=BOLD
;FontFace=Resident Evil
Tooltiptext="Meeting Room"
FontSize=16
Text=CAM. 04
;ACTIVE
X=910
Y=62
AntiAlias=1
dynamicvariables=1

MouseOverAction=[!SetOption Cam4 FontColor "0,255,255,255"][!UpdateMeter Cam4][!Redraw]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption Cam4 FontColor "255,255,255,255"][!UpdateMeter Cam4][!Redraw]
LeftMouseDownAction=[!SetOption Cam4 FontColor "255,0,0,255"][!ToggleConfig "TheRedQueen\AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL\Office" "OfficeTable.ini"][!UpdateMeter Cam4][!Redraw]

;*****************************Cam 5******************************
[VariablesCam5]

[Cam5]
Meter=String
StringStyle=BOLD
;FontFace=Resident Evil
FontSize=16
Text=CAM. 05
Tooltiptext="Somatic COPY"
;ACTIVE
X=1070
Y=62
AntiAlias=1
dynamicvariables=1

MouseOverAction=[!SetOption Cam5 FontColor "0,255,255,255"][!UpdateMeter Cam5][!Redraw]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption Cam5 FontColor "255,255,255,255"][!UpdateMeter Cam5][!Redraw]
LeftMouseDownAction=[!SetOption Cam5 FontColor "255,0,0,255"][!UpdateMeter Cam5][!Redraw][!ToggleConfig "TheRedQueen\Wave" "SomaticResponce.ini"]

;*****************************Cam 6******************************
[VariablesCam6]

[Cam6]
Meter=String
StringStyle=BOLD
;FontFace=Resident Evil
FontSize=16
Text=CAM. 06
Tooltiptext="Somatic Copy"
;ACTIVE
X=1225
Y=62
AntiAlias=1
dynamicvariables=1

MouseOverAction=[!SetOption Cam6 FontColor "0,255,255,255"][!UpdateMeter Cam6][!Redraw]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption Cam6 FontColor "255,255,255,255"][!UpdateMeter Cam6][!Redraw]
LeftMouseDownAction=[!SetOption Cam6 FontColor "255,0,0,255"][!UpdateMeter Cam6][!Redraw][!ToggleConfig "TheRedQueen\Wave" "SomaticResponce.ini"]

;*****************************C-Virus******************************
[VariablesCVirus]

[Cvirus]
Meter=String
StringStyle=BOLD
FontFace=Resident Evil
FontSize=16
Text=C-Virus
Tooltiptext="Loading..."
;ACTIVE
X=815
Y=36
AntiAlias=1
dynamicvariables=1

MouseOverAction=[!SetOption Cvirus FontColor "0,255,255,255"][!UpdateMeter Cvirus][!Redraw]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption Cvirus FontColor "255,255,255,255"][!UpdateMeter Cvirus][!Redraw]
LeftMouseDownAction=[!SetOption Cvirus FontColor "255,0,0,255"][!ToggleConfig "TheRedQueen\LoadingSequence" "LoadSequence.ini"][!UpdateMeter Cvirus][!Redraw]

;*****************************G-Virus******************************
[VariablesGVirus]

[GVirus]
Meter=String
StringStyle=BOLD
FontFace=Resident Evil
Tooltiptext="RED QUEEN SYSTEM"
FontSize=16
Text=G-Virus
;ACTIVE
X=965
Y=36
AntiAlias=1
dynamicvariables=1

MouseOverAction=[!SetOption GVirus FontColor "0,255,255,255"][!UpdateMeter GVirus][!Redraw]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption GVirus FontColor "255,255,255,255"][!UpdateMeter GVirus][!Redraw]
LeftMouseDownAction=[!SetOption GVirus FontColor "255,0,0,255"][!ToggleConfig "TheRedQueen\RedQueenSystem" "RQControl.ini"][!UpdateMeter GVirus][!Redraw]

;*****************************T-Virus******************************
[VariablesTVirus]

[TVirus]
Meter=String
StringStyle=BOLD
FontFace=Resident Evil
FontSize=16
Text=T-Virus
;ACTIVE
X=1120
Y=36
AntiAlias=1
dynamicvariables=1

MouseOverAction=[!SetOption TVirus FontColor "0,255,255,255"][!UpdateMeter TVirus][!Redraw]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption TVirus FontColor "255,255,255,255"][!UpdateMeter TVirus][!Redraw]
LeftMouseDownAction=[!SetOption TVirus FontColor "255,0,0,255"][!ToggleConfig "TheRedQueen\Advertisement" "ADV1.ini"][!UpdateMeter TVirus][!Redraw]

;*****************************Las Plagas******************************
[VariablesLPlagas]

[LPlagas]
Meter=String
StringStyle=BOLD
FontFace=Resident Evil
FontSize=16
Text=Las Plagas
;ACTIVE
X=1260
Y=36
AntiAlias=1
dynamicvariables=1

MouseOverAction=[!SetOption LPlagas FontColor "0,255,255,255"][!UpdateMeter LPlagas][!Redraw]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption LPlagas FontColor "255,255,255,255"][!UpdateMeter LPlagas][!Redraw]
LeftMouseDownAction=[!SetOption LPlagas FontColor "255,0,0,255"][!ToggleConfig "TheRedQueen\RedQueenSystem" "RQControl.ini"][!UpdateMeter LPlagas][!Redraw]

UpdateDivider=-1

In the Red Queen.ini I made a small change to the Lines that were covering the doors by sequence.

[MeasureActionTimerDoors]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=ActionTimer
DynamicVariables=1

ActionList1=ClickClosedDoorsAction | Repeat DoorsOpen,250,10 | OpenFinishAction

ClickClosedDoorsAction=[Play "#@#Sounds\Door.wav"][!UnPauseMeasure QueenImageNumberCalc]

DoorsOpen=[!SetVariable DoorPosition (Clamp(#DoorPosition#+1,1,10))][!HideMeter "Frame"][!ShowMeter "Frame2"] [!UpdateMeasure

#CurrentSection#][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]

OpenFinishAction=[Play "#@#Sounds\Thereyouare.wav"][!HideMeter DoorImageMeter][!Redraw]

ActionList2=ClickOpenedDoorsAction | Repeat DoorsClose,250,10 | CloseFinishAction

ClickOpenedDoorsAction=[!ShowMeter DoorImageMeter][!Redraw][Play "#@#Sounds\Door.wav"]

DoorsClose=[!SetVariable DoorPosition (Clamp(#DoorPosition#-1,1,10))][!HideMeter "Frame2"][!ShowMeter "Frame"][!UpdateMeasure

#CurrentSection#][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]

CloseFinishAction=[!PauseMeasure QueenImageNumberCalc]
The Frames were changed a bit for this

[Frame]
Meter=Image
ImageName="#@#Background\BlueFrame.png"
W=225
H=125
UpdateDivider=-1.

[Frame2]
Meter=Image
ImageName="#@#Background\BlueFrame2.png"
W=225
H=125
hidden=1
UpdateDivider=-1
How did you make a video thing of the vial in action in the post?
A gift for you. I have a real one with my real info on it and a real badge to go with it.
PSS: StringStyle=Resident Evil error shows up in Rainmeter. Dunno Why, I included it into a Fonts folder.