It is currently April 19th, 2024, 10:02 am

Concatenate Two Meter Outputs?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Weiss

Concatenate Two Meter Outputs?

Post by Weiss »

Hi there! I'm currently trying to edit Simple Clean's Greet skin to apply a different style to my name. Originally, a postfix is applied that uses your username, but as far as I can tell, you can't apply a style to it, since it's from the same meter as the original message.

I tried getting around it by removing the postfix, making a new measure with my name as a string, then referencing it in a meter with its own style, which works as well as expected. The main issue is it (in theory) won't change position on the desktop when the original greeting message changes length.

I then tried to concatenating the two meter's outputs into one string, that should allow it(?). However I can't seem to get this new meter to output, even as a string with no concatenation. If anyone could help, or offer alternatives, I'd really appreciate it!

If you couldn't tell already, I'm pretty new to anything advanced, and I can't help but feel like I'm missing an easier solution.
Last edited by Weiss on July 29th, 2019, 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Concatenate Two Meter Outputs?

Post by balala »

Weiss wrote: July 29th, 2019, 6:37 pm Hi there! I'm currently trying to edit Simple Clean's Greet skin to apply a different style to my name. Originally, a postfix is applied that uses your username, but as far as I can tell, you can't apply a style to it, since it's from the same meter as the original message.
But you can, using the Inline Options of a String meter. Just add the following options to your String meter:

Code: Select all

[StringMeter]
InlineSetting=Color | 255,0,0
InlinePattern=.*(YourUserName)
Accordingly to the above options, if you set the YourUserName to what is in your Postfix, it'll be colored to red (according to the InlineSetting=Color | 255,0,0 option). Here are the options you can set with the InlineSetting option.
Weiss

Post by Weiss »

I completely forgot about inline settings, to be honest. And I didn't know that you could set a pattern to apply it selectively. Thank you!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Weiss wrote: July 29th, 2019, 8:12 pm And I didn't know that you could set a pattern to apply it selectively.
Yes, fortunately you can. It's great help when working with String meters. :great: