It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:54 pm

NXT-OS HDD Meter Issues

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
SpeedyMG

NXT-OS HDD Meter Issues

Post by SpeedyMG »

Last night I installed NXT-OS so I could completely redo my desktop. I added the HDD monitor widgets so I'd be able to see my free space on both of my drives. I have two: My primary "C" drive (SSD), and my secondary storage "S" drive (HDD). The meter for my "C" drive is working just fine. My "S" drive, however, is not. The widget is calling it a "D" drive and showing it at 100% utilization. Looking through the code for the "HDD Meter 2," I haven't found anything wrong with it. It's just not finding my drive. What can I do to fix this?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: NXT-OS HDD Meter Issues

Post by eclectic-tech »

SpeedyMG wrote: June 28th, 2019, 4:00 am Last night I installed NXT-OS so I could completely redo my desktop. I added the HDD monitor widgets so I'd be able to see my free space on both of my drives. I have two: My primary "C" drive (SSD), and my secondary storage "S" drive (HDD). The meter for my "C" drive is working just fine. My "S" drive, however, is not. The widget is calling it a "D" drive and showing it at 100% utilization. Looking through the code for the "HDD Meter 2," I haven't found anything wrong with it. It's just not finding my drive. What can I do to fix this?
This package does not let you pick your HDD letters; sadly they are hard coded for both the Top Bar and Overlay.
I am not a fan of a skin that has multiple "helper" scripts and apps that prevent customizing...

That aside, you can change which drives are available for the Top Bar and Overlay by manually editing the file located at "...\Skins\NXT-OS\@Resources\Settings.inc" and look for these lines:

Code: Select all

Overlay.Widget.HDD.1=C
Overlay.Widget.HDD.2=D
Overlay.Widget.HDD.3=E
Overlay.Widget.HDD.4=F

Top.Widget.HDD.Drive1=C
Top.Widget.HDD.Drive2=D
Top.Widget.HDD.Drive3=E
Change those letters to the drive letters you want to monitor, save the file, and "refresh all". The Top.Widget.HDD.Drive1, 2, and 3 are probably the ones you want to change.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

SpeedyMG wrote: June 28th, 2019, 4:00 am Last night I installed NXT-OS so I could completely redo my desktop. I added the HDD monitor widgets so I'd be able to see my free space on both of my drives. I have two: My primary "C" drive (SSD), and my secondary storage "S" drive (HDD). The meter for my "C" drive is working just fine. My "S" drive, however, is not. The widget is calling it a "D" drive and showing it at 100% utilization. Looking through the code for the "HDD Meter 2," I haven't found anything wrong with it. It's just not finding my drive. What can I do to fix this?
Come on guys, whenever are you posting such questions, could you please give us a little bit more details? For instance a link to the skin in question and even more important what skin of the suite do you have this trouble with. I downloaded the package, but now I have to look for the skin in question. This isn't ok, if you're asking for help, please help us a little bit to can help you.
Yes, I know eclectic-tech has probably fixed the issue, but the situation is still there: we have to guess where can we download the package, which skin you have problems with and so on.
Sorry, I don1t want to be rude, but this has to be said...
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

@balala

Yes, those are good points... you can also offer a link to "How to get help on the forum" which covers the subject very well. ;-)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote: June 28th, 2019, 4:23 pm @balala

Yes, those are good points... you can also offer a link to "How to get help on the forum" which covers the subject very well. ;-)
Right!