It is currently April 18th, 2024, 12:10 pm

Working mouse actions with an invisible meter?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Cariboudjan

Working mouse actions with an invisible meter?

Post by Cariboudjan »

I recently upgraded to a new monitor, and unlike the old monitor, I can see a very faint difference between 0,0,0,0 and 0,0,0,1 in transparency. Before both would be invisible, but this new monitor does see the difference, and it appears visibly on white backgrounds as a cigarette-tinged yellow, like drywall in a smoke room — especially when viewing the monitor at an angle.

Question: Is there a way to get mouseover and mouseleave actions to work in Rainmeter with a truly invisible meter?

Suggestion: If not, can the Rainmeter devs make a minor change that will make 0,0,0,1 and 0,0,0,0 both truly invisible (ignore an alpha value of 1), since there is no reason for a Rainmeter user to create a meter with an opacity of 1 unless they were trying to make mouse actions work. The only difference is that 0,0,0,0 would not allow mouse actions, and 0,0,0,1 would. I suggest this because I understand the devs pledge to compatibility for old skins. 0,0,0,1 would equal 0,0,0,0 in terms of appearance but not function, and 0,0,0,2 and onward would behave normally.