It is currently March 29th, 2024, 10:34 am

Panel's shorcuts for games, but one dont want show it.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Honimoura

Panel's shorcuts for games, but one dont want show it.

Post by Honimoura »

Hi, sorry for my english, i'm french, so i use google translate.

So I made a panel with an images shortcut to launch my games. But one of the images does not work.
I checked all the code and I do not know why it does not show up ...
In the screenshot, you can see at the top right, there is no picture (game # 4).
The games and pictures have the same names (without extensions)(Game 4 and picture too, i have checked :bow: ).

If anyone can see where the mistake is, I thank them in advance;)

PS: Warning, by default, the panel is hidden because I run it with a button)

PS2: You will not have the images because the file "ScanLNK" looks in a folder of shortcuts games that you do not have (or you have same games and directory :D ) and the file "Calcule" looks in a folder of images to find the image corresponding to the games . And finally the "Panel" connects the images to the games by recreating the paths, names and extentions of each game to be launched by clicking on an image.

I imagine that some will find my method ... twisted ^^ But I learn while advancing in my projects. Otherwise I do not remember.

Thank. :bow:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Panel's shorcuts for games, but one dont want show it.

Post by eclectic-tech »

I do not see anything wrong with your code.

Are you seeing any error messages in the Rainmeter log? Access the log using "Open log" from MANAGE, or "About" from the context menu.

I would check the image for launcher 4 to make sure it is 1 of the 3 file type extensions you test; it may not be .jpg, .jpeg, or .png, but perhaps some other type of image; .bmp, .gif, etc.

Your code for each launcher is the same for all, so the problem should be with the image reference.

If you still cannot find the issue, I would suggest posting your entire skin package so others can test it.
Honimoura

Post by Honimoura »

Hello and thank you for your answer.

I should have been more precise in the tests already done but it was late and I was close to going to sleep, sorry.

- If I remove the shortcut from the game number 3 of the folder, then the game number 4 appears in the box number 3 as it became the game number 3. (What makes the image work, but to be sure I still tested with another image and the same result.) and because of this, the game number 5 becomes the game number 4, disappears. So the problem of the box number 4 is not due to the image / shortcut, but or of its "treatment" or the display concerning the location number 4.

So Game No4 in Box4 dont work but if i delete Game No3, Game No4 in Box No3 Work and Game No5 in Box No5 work but if i delete Game No4, Game No5 in Box No4 Dont work.

(I try to show you the logic that m 'appears in case I'm wrong :rofl:).

- Only, I checked each code and I did not find any error. I checked each image and she is fine in one of these three formats. I changed places games and it is still the picture number 4 which does not show whatever the game.

- I also watched if I did not make the mistake of putting the same name twice in the code, which would prevent the second one from working, but I did not find anything like that Hoping to have been as accurate as possible. :bow:

PS: Sorry,no, i dont have error when i launch it and no error in rainmeter's panel too.
PS2: Game 4 by default is "Dead by Daylight" and image is "Dead by Daylight.jpg"

Ho and, how can i have a different update's skin in another ?
I have a side menu with cpu, gpu, ram meters, links, etc and this skin have an update at 1000 ms, but in this skin I use an image with several images to simulate a gif. The above all the code is good, however the "gif" require an update of 40 ms in order to play properly. Is there a way to give a specific update to a "measure" in a skin?
1000 ms for all measures excepted the "measure calculator" = 40 ms in the same skin.
Honimoura

Post by Honimoura »

I ended up solving the problem without understanding the reason. In the images folder, I have grouped a maximum of images of games to add games by already having the corresponding images. However by removing one that was before "dead by daylight" it solved the problem ... but it did not have the same name ...
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Very strange indeed. Glad to hear you resolved the issue even if you are not sure why it happened :thumbup: