It is currently March 29th, 2024, 11:17 am

"Reset" a measure?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
JelleDekkers

"Reset" a measure?

Post by JelleDekkers »

Hi, is there a way to "reset" a measure? As if you refreshed the skin, but without actually refreshing the skin and only for the specified measure.

For example, let's say I have a counter that just does +1 every update cycle. I'd want to "reset" it, so it starts over (starts at 0 again, but still continues counting).
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: "Reset" a measure?

Post by balala »

JelleDekkers wrote: April 25th, 2019, 7:22 am Hi, is there a way to "reset" a measure? As if you refreshed the skin, but without actually refreshing the skin and only for the specified measure.

For example, let's say I have a counter that just does +1 every update cycle. I'd want to "reset" it, so it starts over (starts at 0 again, but still continues counting).
Yes, there is. Use the following bangs: [!DisableMeasure "MeasureName"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureName"][!EnableMeasure "MeasureName"]. The trick here is that you have to first disable the measure (you get it to zero in a such case), then have to update it and after this you have to reenable it, to get it counting again. Simply disabling and enabling it doesn't work, because the measure keeps its value.
JelleDekkers

Post by JelleDekkers »

I'm kind of surprised there isn't a bang for this, but I guess this works.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

JelleDekkers wrote: April 25th, 2019, 8:25 am I'm kind of surprised there isn't a bang for this,
There is no need of a such bang. As you can see, it can be done with the existing ones.