It is currently April 16th, 2024, 11:33 am

Visbuble slightly curved

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
ul7ima

Visbuble slightly curved

Post by ul7ima »

Hi,

I want an Audio visualisation which is slighly curved. I gut it as I need it in Visbubble, but when I use this setup the CPU usage is 50-60% (i7).
To get the curve I need I have set the radius to 2400 and use 20 degree in total (AngleTotalDeg). I have 48 items and not anything which would explain the usage to me. When I chage the radius to "normal" the usage is down to below 10. I suggest it calculates the whole circle and need so much CPU.

Is there a better way to get the curve or another skin or a way I can drop the usage?

Thanks
JelleDekkers

Re: Visbuble slightly curved

Post by JelleDekkers »

Have you tried Yadov? I think you can achieve this effect by using the YadovCircular options in the variables file.

*shameless plug*
ul7ima

Post by ul7ima »

Hey,

thanks a lot for this tip, I didnt know this skin had circle options as well.
Unfortunately this have the same effect, when I increase the radius of the hole.
It seems the calculation cant be done as easy as I thought.
JelleDekkers

Post by JelleDekkers »

Rainmeter's CPU usage is only about 4% (that's normal) when I try it with those options.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Note that visualizer skins always tend to load more the CPU than the average skins, especially due to the reduced Update value they need to properly work. However nor they should use up to 50-60%, especially not on a modern CPU.
ul7ima

Post by ul7ima »

JelleDekkers wrote: April 25th, 2019, 9:42 am Rainmeter's CPU usage is only about 4% (that's normal) when I try it with those options.
Hi,

just to be sure I need the following options to get the radius I need:

YadovCircularHoleSize=4300
YadovCircularDegreesStart=335
YadovCircularDegreesEnd=360

Your CPU is not running higher then 10%? Its fine for me until around 2500. I need a higher nubmer in Yadov as the calculation is different.
It just raises on a specific Number and grows fast after this.