It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:10 pm

JRiver Media Center

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: JRiver Media Center

Post by balala »

jsmorley wrote: April 2nd, 2019, 4:07 pm Yeah, the way I would describe the behavior is that NowPlaying needs to get some kind of "I've started playing a song" signal from JRiver. All the cases I described where it "works", that is the case. NowPlaying is running when a song is "started". In the one instance where I find it "doesn't work", that signal is never received by NowPlaying. It's not "I'm playing a song", but "I've started playing a song".
And all this didn't applied in previous versions of JRiver? I didn't used this player never before, so I don't know. If nor you, probably you also don't know, but maybe someone else?
Gregory2001

Post by Gregory2001 »

I went back and used MC24 and everything works fine. No problems at all. Now using MC25 again and nothing works. I asked JRiver about it and nobody there seems to know anything about Rainmeter. So I guess I'll either use MC24 or use another applications for MC25. Thanks a lot for trying, though, Guys.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Gregory2001 wrote: April 2nd, 2019, 4:31 pm I went back and used MC24 and everything works fine. No problems at all. Now using MC25 again and nothing works. I asked JRiver about it and nobody there seems to know anything about Rainmeter. So I guess I'll either use MC24 or use another applications for MC25.
Have you seen jsmorley's description? Applies perfectly for me. There something has changed with JRiver probably on last upgrade.
Gregory2001

Post by Gregory2001 »

Yes, something changed on the last upgrade but I still don't understand why it works for you and not here. Here on MC25, Soita (or any other skin) won't even open the player.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Gregory2001 wrote: April 2nd, 2019, 4:44 pm Yes, something changed on the last upgrade but I still don't understand why it works for you and not here. Here on MC25, Soita (or any other skin) won't even open the player.
Well, that is likely just that you havn't changed the path to the application, which is different depending on the version.

"C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 25\Media Center 25.exe"
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Gregory2001 wrote: April 2nd, 2019, 4:44 pm Here on MC25, Soita (or any other skin) won't even open the player.
Have you tried starting JRiver to play a song and load the skin just after?
Because based on the above post I think you have loaded the skin when opening the player. Make sure you're loading the player first and the skin after (as jsmorley said, take care not to just refresh the skins, but load if just after the playback has started).
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Gregory2001 wrote: April 2nd, 2019, 4:44 pm Yes, something changed on the last upgrade but I still don't understand why it works for you and not here. Here on MC25, Soita (or any other skin) won't even open the player.
I hope you have rebooted your system after each and every uninstall/re-install of software... :x

I usually run my system 24/7 and only reboot on updates or software changes. FYI, NowPlaying skins stopped working after uninstalling J.River Media Center 25 (32-bit) and prior to rebooting my system.

Good luck Gregory2001!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote: April 2nd, 2019, 6:06 pm I usually run my system 24/7
:o Are you serious? Why? :o
I also not rebooting it for long times, but not running it continuously. I'm sleeping or hibernating it when I'm not using it for a shorter or longer period, but letting it to run continuously 24 / 7? Well, what's the point?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

balala wrote: April 2nd, 2019, 6:13 pm :o Are you serious? Why? :o
I also not rebooting it for long times, but not running it continuously. I'm sleeping or hibernating it when I'm not using it for a shorter or longer period, but letting it to run continuously 24 / 7? Well, what's the point?
It serves as an additional room heater in the winter and an extra fan in the summer... ;-)

There are two schools of thought about which is harder on electronics, continuously on or constantly turning off / turning on...
I don't subscribe to either necessarily, but I leave my system running (except in lightning storms) :o .

If the system should happen to fail earlier than expected, that just means I can upgrade sooner! :sly:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote: April 2nd, 2019, 7:00 pm It serves as an additional room heater in the winter and an extra fan in the summer... ;-)
Good point. Couldn't figure out such a thing. :thumbup: