It is currently April 19th, 2024, 4:01 pm

Rainmeter consumes CPU very high

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
kenz0
Developer

Re: Rainmeter consumes CPU very high

Post by kenz0 »

chuchay wrote:well, i have tried to see if their is a new driver for my netwrok card, but i have the latest.

i have tried unloading one by one the skins, and even with the enigma calendar only running i still get 10-30 on the column of the rainmeter on task manager.
i am running these skins on rainmeter:
enigma network
enigma systems
enigma recycler
enigma calendar
iphone clock(by fediafedia of deviantart)

that's it.

my cpu usage never touches below 10% or even 20% when running rainmeter, but when i am not running it, my cpu goes normal, with even 0% when i'm doing nothing.

anymore details i can provide to help solve this problem?
In my recognition, CPU usage is decided depending on the size of the skin, the update speed of the skin, and the number of active skins.
But I have received an interesting report from the user in the past. It is a report that the skin with the complete transparency background extremely consumes CPU. I cannot prove whether it is true because this seems to be a case influenced by the user's environment apparently. But you might test like this.

For example if it's in case of enigma calendar, try changing BackgroundMode in [Rainmeter] section to 2 from 0.
wasky1

Post by wasky1 »

thanks for tip about the multicore support killall-q!!! i get same result as before lol but at least my .ini looks neeter hehe! oh yeah and i dont get weird numbers in about dialogue the skin displays correct according to task manager
wasky1

Post by wasky1 »

This is what i was going to post
ok ive been messing with my skin and im baffled. if i delete the cpu measures the lag is still there but doesnt come as quick. (and still no lag at all at first)
also if i delete the histograms i get similar result as deleting cpu measures but it doesnt seem to make any diffrence if the lines are deleted or not and it completely resolves the problem if i hide the histogram and stop animation but just stopping animation doesnt make a diffrence.
im starting to believe my skin is just a "bad configuration" but i dont know why.
i have other skins with far more intense animation and lines and measuring of cpu n' stuff but absolutely no probs, in fact im loading all my skins up some with update 150ms and no probs untill i load this particular skin so why this one. hmm possibly to do with positioning i dont know im contenplating re install of rainmeter. I still would love to know if other people have yhe same problem as me with the skin i posted a couple of posts ago.
UNTILL i realized i still had enigma network skin open out of site. My problem is with histograms. gutted!!!!! but relieved ive found the culpret!!! but this just leaves the question-: why histograms bad!!!
yorgash

Post by yorgash »

Hmm I'm not sure, I only have this problem (50% CPU use) when any kinds of CPU meter is on, even if it's solely text-based it seems... anyone has a solution? Oh and also, problem only occurs on Win7...
maminscris

Post by maminscris »

yorgash wrote:Hmm I'm not sure, I only have this problem (50% CPU use) when any kinds of CPU meter is on, even if it's solely text-based it seems... anyone has a solution? Oh and also, problem only occurs on Win7...
did you try the latest beta build ?
Zero at programing, zero at writing codes, so far 2 at making images
But I'm good at copy/paste, and I not always like this
godblessT

Post by godblessT »

i thought the problem was same like mine!!

did u use connection by usb networking??
if so.. try to disconnect the connection and try the rainmeter.. is rainmeter still lag??
zulazlan89

Post by zulazlan89 »

kenz0 wrote: March 9th, 2010, 3:33 am In my recognition, CPU usage is decided depending on the size of the skin, the update speed of the skin, and the number of active skins.
But I have received an interesting report from the user in the past. It is a report that the skin with the complete transparency background extremely consumes CPU. I cannot prove whether it is true because this seems to be a case influenced by the user's environment apparently. But you might test like this.

For example if it's in case of enigma calendar, try changing BackgroundMode in [Rainmeter] section to 2 from 0.
This help me solve my problem!! Thanks!
My docks were using transparent background , and after I deleted them, the cpu usage went down straight away,, :D
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

MeneerEzra wrote: August 16th, 2020, 3:14 pm And sometimes when I clicking on the skin, it not responding
Which skin? The above discussion is a 10 years old discussion, so question is, what skin are you talking about?
In any case, most such problems are caused by the skin itself, so it is even more important to know the skin in cause.