It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:56 pm

Does PowerPlugin still not do correct CPU frequency?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Celeras

Does PowerPlugin still not do correct CPU frequency?

Post by Celeras »

I'm trying to get it to update itself, but it seems to still get stuck on a single value.

I know this was a thing back in the day, but I was under the impression it was Windows fault reading only the default frequency. Now that Windows actually does a good job at reading the actual frequency in Windows 10 I thought I'd be able to use the plugin properly. Why is that not the case?

(I know about alternatives using other programs running all the time, but thats not what I want. Just wondering!)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Does PowerPlugin still not do correct CPU frequency?

Post by balala »

Celeras wrote: March 15th, 2019, 6:11 pm I'm trying to get it to update itself, but it seems to still get stuck on a single value.
That's right, a Power Plugin measure returns only the nominal frequency.
For the current frequency, you have to use a CPU measure (yep, I understood you're not interested into alternatives, but there is no other way).
Celeras

Post by Celeras »

Cool, I guess I just misunderstood why it didn't work prior to the Windows readings being as robust as they are now.

Thanks
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Celeras wrote: March 15th, 2019, 7:18 pm Cool, I guess I just misunderstood why it didn't work prior to the Windows readings being as robust as they are now.
As I said, you can use CPU measures, or even CoreTemp ones (if you want).
Let me (us) know if there is something you can't deal with.