Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Question on layouts

Post by Yincognito »

jsmorley wrote: March 11th, 2019, 12:29 am If you use

WindowX=100%
AnchorX=R

That will align a skin to the right side of your screen, no matter the resolution.

I never said that anything would change the "saved layout". Of course not. What I said, and what I meant, is that if you load this layout, and then move the skin, the value for WindowX will change in the current Rainmeter.ini to reflect the new position, and if you then save that as the same Layout you loaded, the original settings are lost.
If you're talking to me, I didn't said you said something like this either. I completely agree with you. I was just trying to cover up the possibility of balala willingly or unwillingly changing the position of the skin, in which case, the value being saved is also changed. I just said that in my case, it keeps its R at the end, as it should be.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Yincognito wrote: March 11th, 2019, 12:44 am If you're talking to me, I didn't said you said something like this either. I completely agree with you. I was just trying to cover up the possibility of balala willingly or unwillingly changing the position of the skin, in which case, the value being saved is also changed. I just said that in my case, it keeps its R at the end, as it should be.
Right, the fact that the WindowX is a relative percentage is retained, but the percentage amount will adjust if you move the skin. I wasn't reacting to anything you said, was just trying to be clear.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Oh, ok. You're right, of course.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jsmorley wrote: March 11th, 2019, 12:29 am If you use

WindowX=100%
AnchorX=R

That will align a skin to the right side of your screen, no matter the resolution.

I never said that anything would change the "saved layout". Of course not. What I said, and what I meant, is that if you load this layout, and then move the skin, the value for WindowX will change in the current Rainmeter.ini to reflect the new position, and if you then save that as the same Layout you loaded, the original settings are lost.
Ok, very good point. It seems I didn't work enough with these settings, so I have to get used with them. But this is the point I need.
Thank to both of your for the assistance.