It is currently March 29th, 2024, 2:35 pm

Text Weather Outerwear skin rework

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Mor3bane

Text Weather Outerwear skin rework

Post by Mor3bane »

Hi, I have this rework and am messing with - trying to make it look like my rework of jsmorely's Text CLock.

I works fine, however, there is a 'mainstring' output, and a 'SubString' output.

I am trying to make them output on the same line level.

The attached skin is what I have so far.
dinaj rework - by Morbane_1.0.0.rmskin
Any help is appreciated. I am just not seeing where the sentence levels are being set. :oops:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Text Weather Outerwear skin rework

Post by balala »

Mor3bane wrote: March 3rd, 2019, 9:38 am I am trying to make them output on the same line level.
Those strings are set by the dinaj.lua script. You have to modify that file, in order to get the strings as you want.
Open the mentioned dinaj.lua and identify the following two lines:

Code: Select all

setStringMeterText(mainMeter:GetName(), getMainString(temp))
        setStringMeterText(subMeter:GetName(), getSubString(temp, UNIT))
Replace them (both) with the following single line: setStringMeterText(mainMeter:GetName(), getMainString(temp)..' '..getSubString(temp, UNIT)).
Finally you can get rid of the [subString] String meter, as you don't need it anymore.
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

Thanks balala,

I saw those lines. I just did not know how to concatenate them.

Working nicely now, on one line.
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Mor3bane wrote: March 3rd, 2019, 8:22 pm Working nicely now, on one line.
:thumbup: