It is currently April 25th, 2024, 8:58 pm

Win10 Widgets Assistance Needed

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
DenverGuy

Win10 Widgets Assistance Needed

Post by DenverGuy »

Hi.
I am just looking for battery status, CPU, and memory use displayed. I tried editing the INI file, but when I commented out the network and disk lines and refreshed, the widget box had a lot of blank space that I couldn't get rid of. I was unable to move it all the way to the corner of the screen. I would like it to be a little smaller, also. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
w.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Win10 Widgets Assistance Needed

Post by eclectic-tech »

If you have modified code that is close to what you want, post it here and someone may be able to finish the editing.

To be honest, I would be surprised if anyone will take on modifying any of the Win10 Widgets skins because of the use of multiple @Includes which make it VERY difficult to change anything.

But my advice would be to do pretty much what you did to get your posted image:
  • Copy the Performance\Combo.ini skin to a new name
  • Edit that copied ini by commenting out '@Include4=...' and '@Include5=...' lines in that skin; those show the Disk and Network graphs
  • Save and refresh Rainmeter
  • Open you modified skin
  • Set the position of that skin to 'Bottom'
  • Open Win10 Widgts\Battery\Battery-Small.ini
  • Place the Battery-Small.ini skin over the lower portion of the modified Combo.ini skin
  • Done.
win10combo.png
To move them as one skin, hold 'Ctrl+Alt' and click both to highlight them and move as one...

EDIT: You can improve the appearance (match background levels and remove center line) by editing the Battery-Small.ini skin.
Add these 2 lines to the [Variables] section of Battery-Small.ini:

Code: Select all

BackgroundColor=0,0,0,1
BorderColor=0,0,0,1
win10combo2.png
You might want to add a note there to remind yourself why those are there because they will make the background and borders transparent.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DenverGuy

Post by DenverGuy »

Many thanks!
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

DenverGuy wrote: March 1st, 2019, 1:38 pm Many thanks!
You are welcome.

Note: You can improve the appearance (match background levels and remove center line) by editing the Battery-Small.ini skin.
Add these 2 lines to the [Variables] section of Battery-Small.ini:

BackgroundColor=0,0,0,1
BorderColor=0,0,0,1
win10combo2.png
You might want to add a note there to remind yourself why those are there because they will make the background and borders transparent.

EDIT: Added this info to initial reply above.
DenverGuy

Post by DenverGuy »

I'm still playing with this. Two last questions, if you don't mind. I decided to move the battery meter to the system tray. It looks good there, but it's a little too high. Is there a way to shorten it a little?

With the Combo one, I'd like to bring it down near the system tray. The only problem is the empty space from where the battery meter was. Is there a way to get rid of that dead space?

Thanks again!
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

DenverGuy wrote: March 3rd, 2019, 3:34 pm I'm still playing with this. Two last questions, if you don't mind. I decided to move the battery meter to the system tray. It looks good there, but it's a little too high. Is there a way to shorten it a little?

With the Combo one, I'd like to bring it down near the system tray. The only problem is the empty space from where the battery meter was. Is there a way to get rid of that dead space?

Thanks again!
You can match the size of the Battery-Small.ini to your system tray (I think you mean taskbar) by editing the [Variables] section of that skin, and changing the 'BackgroundHeight' and 'TopPadding' values. These values work pretty well for my taskbar:

[Variables]
@Include=Battery-Medium.ini
BackgroundHeight=44
; original backgroundheight value
;54
TopPadding=-12
; original toppadding value
;-7
LeftPadding=78
The only issue I see doing this, is that the taskbar is controlled by Windows and will cover any skin (even if set 'TopMost') from time to time.

If you meant some other location, modifying those 2 values will shrink the "dead" space around the battery info. You will need to try different combinations of these to position the battery in your combo skin.
DenverGuy

Post by DenverGuy »

Thanks - I will try that. I meant to say taskbar. Not sure why I said "system tray." I want to run both the combo and the battery separately as low on the screen as possible. I'll play with the battery and combo settings to reduce the dead space and see how it goes.

Thanks again.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Glad to help. :thumbsup: