It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 10:37 am

No Skins Appearing

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
HaK

No Skins Appearing

Post by HaK »

Hey, I was just wondering why none of the skins I install are working, i've installed spectrum, fountain of colors, unfold and a few others, I just want either the fountain of colors to work or the spectrum, I've tried some of the troubleshooting methods given by the creators of the skins but haven't had any success.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: No Skins Appearing

Post by balala »

HaK wrote: February 20th, 2019, 1:13 pm i've installed spectrum, fountain of colors, unfold and a few others, I just want either the fountain of colors to work or the spectrum,
All those skins are visualizer skins? I think they are and if this is correct, Active Colors has posted a very good AudioLevel Troubleshooting. Check it, maybe you can find why those skins are not working.
HaK

Post by HaK »

Yeah, I tried those, nothing worked, i've used that method and nothing works.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Are you quite sure Rainmeter is running? Is there a Rainmeter tray icon in your Windows notification area?

If you open the Manage dialog from the Rainmeter tray icon, is the skin in question in the Active Skin list at the top?

Are there any error messages in the Rainmeter log when you use About from the Rainmeter tray icon?
HaK

Post by HaK »

Yes, rainmeter is running, all of the other default skins are up and the icon is showing. Everything is active and loaded, however, no display.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

HaK wrote: February 20th, 2019, 2:07 pm Yes, rainmeter is running, all of the other default skins are up and the icon is showing. Everything is active and loaded, however, no display.
Ok, great. So assuming you are in fact playing music or otherwise producing some audio output, if the skin are not reacting to the audio then it has to be one of the things in that troubleshooting guide that balala referenced.
HaK

Post by HaK »

Bro I just told you I tried everything from there. The problem seems to be with fountain of colors itself.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

HaK wrote: February 20th, 2019, 2:12 pm Bro I just told you I tried everything from there. The problem seems to be with fountain of colors itself.
If you unload Fountain of Colors entirely, do any other audio visualization skins properly work?

For instance, either or both of the examples at the bottom of here: https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/plugins/audiolevel/?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

HaK wrote: February 20th, 2019, 2:07 pm Yes, rainmeter is running, all of the other default skins are up and the icon is showing. Everything is active and loaded, however, no display.
The only "Spectrum" skin I see is an (invisible on load) launcher... to see it you must move your mouse to the top of your screen to activate the display.

FOC needs to have audio playing, then you may need to load "Generate Bands". If you do not see any display after doing that, open the FOC "Settings" skin and select "Sum" and "Out" as the sources at the bottom of that skin.
foc_set.png
If you still do not see anything, then you need to try another visualizer (as suggested) and post what is in the Log (Click the "Open log" at the bottom of the Rainmeter "Manage" dialog).

EDIT: I agree with JSMorley's assessment of the current FOC; it can be problematic to get it to work consistently. :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I don't recommend Fountain of Colors in its current state. It installs and uses an early "beta" version of the AudioLevel plugin, which is very likely to conflict with the built-in AudioLevel plugin that comes with Rainmeter. If you have two skins, one using the built-in AudioLevel.dll, and one using the AudioLevelBeta.dll that comes with Fountain of Colors, I wouldn't be astounded if that caused problems. Not so much that they are both running at once, but that they are both accessing your audio output in presumably different ways at once.