It is currently April 19th, 2024, 4:28 pm

GMail Lists Account Name Twice

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Asect

GMail Lists Account Name Twice

Post by Asect »

Hello,

New to Rainmeter, but am enjoying the learning process. I'm currently using a suite, and experiencing some interesting behavior on the GMail skin. If the unread mail count is from 1 to 9, the account name displays correctly (once). As soon as the mail count reaches 10 (or any double digit amount), the account name displays incorrectly (twice). I've attached a screenshot to show the name being displayed twice. The .ini file is also attached. Hopefully this is posted correctly. Again, new to this, so your patience is appreciated.
Screenshot (1).png
Mails.ini
In searching the forum, nothing seemed to address this particular issue. If it was missed, please accept my apologies. Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: GMail Lists Account Name Twice

Post by balala »

Asect wrote: February 19th, 2019, 7:34 pm If the unread mail count is from 1 to 9, the account name displays correctly (once). As soon as the mail count reaches 10 (or any double digit amount), the account name displays incorrectly (twice).
It does work for me, showing the appropriate number of emails. However I checked only superficially the skin, because although I have the skins .ini file, I don't have the involved resources (most important would be the UserVariables.inc file, which probably, as its name says, stores the variables needed to can get the skin to properly work.
First try to restart Rainmeter. Close it completely (right click its icon in the Notification Area and click Exit, then restart it).
If this doesn't fix the issue (and I suppose it doesn't) please to pack the whole config you have and upload it. This way we'll have all needed resources and we'll be able to do much more accurate check of what's going on.
Asect

Post by Asect »

Hello Balala,

Here is the screenshot of single digit mail reporting.
Screenshot (2).png
RainConfigure.txt
UserVariables.txt
As yo can see, the account name is now only listed as one instance. Also included is the blank configuration file included with the suite that shows the user variables that can be entered, and the user variables file after entering the variables. The Email and Password are entered correctly (I have no problem receiving email), but on the attached file have been shown as X's. It's just an odd behavior that single digit email reporting lists the account name once, and as soon as the emails reach double digits the account name lists twice. Anyway, if you need me to send something that I have not included, please let me know. Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Comment out the MeasureName=RSS in the [MailMessage] section to eliminate the duplicate account name when emails are double-digit.

Code: Select all

[MailMessage]
Meter=STRING
;MeasureName=RSS
Prefix="       New Messages for #AccountName#@GMail.com"
X=55
Y=10
W=195
H=35
FontColor=#White#
StringStyle=BOLD
FontSize=#FontSize#
FontFace=#FontName#
AntiAlias=1
ClipString=1
Hidden=1
Asect

Post by Asect »

Thanks so much Eclectic Tech! Appreciate the info!