It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:32 am

problems with wethercode

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: problems with wethercode

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: February 26th, 2019, 4:13 pm Nothing to worry. Eventually the problem will likely be solved. That skin is HUGE, by the way... 60 MB or something :jawdrop
And where is it accessible? Is it uploaded in one post of this topic? Have I missed it somehow? Sorry if I did...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: February 26th, 2019, 7:08 pm And where is it accessible? Is it uploaded in one post of this topic? Have I missed it somehow? Sorry if I did...
Like every other skin, it is uploaded on DeviantArt. You can see the skin author and the skin's name in the code the OP posted - that's where I took the name from, googled it, and found the whole skin on DeviantArt. Not to mention that 2 replies ago I linked to the skin - but that happened, of course, after googling for it.

It's not always that we have things "easy" and in front of us. Sometimes we need to deduct stuff from small bits of information - not that hard, everybody can do it... ;-)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: February 26th, 2019, 8:00 pm It's not always that we have things "easy" and in front of us. Sometimes we need to deduct stuff from small bits of information - not that hard, everybody can do it... ;-)
Correct. However I'd say that users should have to help us to help them. At least posting a link or something to can get what they want help with. Is this too much?
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: February 26th, 2019, 8:10 pm Correct. However I'd say that users should have to help us to help them. At least posting a link or something to can get what they want help with. Is this too much?
No, it isn't - you're right. But you have to consider that some don't know how to do it, some can't understand what is being asked of them, and so on. The OP obviously didn't know how to pack the skin (or post the code, for that matter, as it was later edited and tagged by jsmorley), and there was the language barrier as well...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: February 26th, 2019, 8:27 pm No, it isn't - you're right. But you have to consider that some don't know how to do it, some can't understand what is being asked of them, and so on. The OP obviously didn't know how to pack the skin (or post the code, for that matter, as it was later edited and tagged by jsmorley), and there was the language barrier as well...
Yep, probably you're right. :thumbup:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: February 26th, 2019, 8:33 pm Yep, probably you're right. :thumbup:
It wasn't meant to be criticism at all, I'm sure you know that. It was a wild guess from my side as well, as I assumed that he didn't critically modify the skin otherwise, so that the solution would work with minimal involvement from his part.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: February 26th, 2019, 8:43 pm It wasn't meant to be criticism at all, I'm sure you know that.
Yep, I know. Nor me wasn't meant.
But now this has gone to be an off topic, so let's finish it here.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jota wrote: February 27th, 2019, 4:22 pm i think that the problem is the #zipcode#, when i substitute this in the .ini this works.
If you define a "zipcode", you should have to use it in every URL option of all parent WebParser measures (if there are more). This ensures you all of them use the same location.
jota wrote: February 27th, 2019, 4:22 pm My dream is learning programing, have some sugestion that you can talk to me to walk in this way?
Not programming, because Rainmeter is not a programming language. The first suggestion is the Help. For example:
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual-beta/getting-started/
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual-beta/getting-started/skin-anatomy/
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual-beta/getting-started/basic-tutorials/
an so on. You also can come back here to the forum anytime, to ask if you have questions.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

jota wrote: February 27th, 2019, 4:22 pm thanks guys its working! i think that the problem is the #zipcode#, when i substitute this in the .ini this works. My dream is learning programing, have some sugestion that you can talk to me to walk in this way?
Nice to see that the problem is solved. Regarding programming, there are a LOT of programming environments, each having different particularities. It would help to know in which environment you'd like to program, but you probably don't know yet anyway. Just take it easy, relax, and when you'll find a progamming language that you like, StackOverflow is a great resource to ask questions and overcome the issues you'll have in learning. Apart from that, googling stuff about a particular programming language will also help. And ALWAYS experiment, don't be afraid - otherwise you'll never learn.

Of course, if you meant that you want to learn doing skins in Rainmeter, then look no further than here - you'll get help along the way. Balala already covered the topic pretty well.