It is currently April 20th, 2024, 3:47 am

problems with wethercode

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: problems with wethercode

Post by balala »

jota wrote: February 17th, 2019, 8:45 pm hi, mi wethercode its not function well. i add the wether code on the skin, the city is correct, caldas novas, but the wether its not correct, tonight is markin 1°, i living in brasil, we dont have 1°, and for tomorrow and the next day same problem... is possible to fix it? thnks
There could be problems on weather.com. They sometimes get problems and in such cases sooner or later they usually get fixed them. You probably have to wait a few days, to see if the issue is fixed.
What is your weather code? Just to can give it a try and see if indeed there are some problems with the source.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jota wrote: February 17th, 2019, 8:57 pm wather code here: BRXX1354
No, there are no problems on weather.com. According to the site right now there are 20 degrees Celsius, or 68 degrees Fahrenheit and it's raining.
So there something is wrong with your skin. First please restart Rainmeter. I mean completely restart it. Right click the Rainmeter icon in the Notification Area, and click Exit. Then restart it and check if it working. Does it?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jota wrote: February 17th, 2019, 9:06 pm no, continue showing lower temperature, that we dont have in brasil... its possible i talk with then if is possible to correct?
Please pack the incriminated config and upload it, to can check what's going on.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jota wrote: February 17th, 2019, 10:38 pm if its the code im just put below:
I asked for the packed config (the folder in the Skins folder, which contains the skins .ini file), which would have the @Resources folder as well, but probably even the code is enough.
Trying out the code, it does work perfectly for me. It shows right now 21 degrees. I also tried your weather code in my weather skin and I get the same 21 degrees.
But right now, looking at the image you've posted in your initial question, I'm not even sure there is a problem. I cut out a part of that image and this is what I got:
X2.png
With red you can see the current temperature, which is not 1 degree. With orange you can see the feel like. What is 1 degree is the tonight temperature (with blue), but that one, being a night temperature, I assume can be 1 degree.
So, question is if there is indeed a problem or it is just a misinterpretation of the results. I think the second one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jota wrote: February 18th, 2019, 4:17 pm but is this im talking, tonight is making 1°, dond be 1° in brasil, will be possible something like 15°... for tonight is showing a value much lower that was happening in the reality
Oh, I see. This is what the weather.com is returning. There is nothing you can do to fix this, because there is nothing to fix on your part. It's their error. As I said, wait a few days, to see if they get fixing this issue.
Sorry...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jota wrote: February 18th, 2019, 7:56 pm ok, thanks fo your help!
Not for too much. Unfortunately weather.com encounters many times such errors. But at least sooner or later usually they fix them.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: February 18th, 2019, 8:08 pm Not for too much. Unfortunately weather.com encounters many times such errors. But at least sooner or later usually they fix them.
There is no error on weather.com on this, balala - I tried with his code and the wxdata XML displayed just fine. There's a problem in his skin, as the code used for the current condition is BRXX1354:1:BR (aka the right one, his location), while for tonight, tomorrow and the rest of the forecast, a variable named #ZipCode# is used. Now if that variable is different from BRXX1354:1:BR, that would explain the wrong forecasted temperatures in his skin, since the forecast would be done for an entirely different location.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

jota wrote: February 25th, 2019, 10:14 pm i check on the site, the current weather is correctly for the days and night, but in my skin its only corret in the current day, not in the night and next days.... its something that can i do to correct this?
Yes.

First, you need to replace the line:
Url=http://wxdata.weather.com/wxdata/weather/local//BRXX1354?cc=*&unit=#Tscale#&dayf=1
with the line
Url=http://wxdata.weather.com/wxdata/weather/local//#ZipCode#?cc=*&unit=#Tscale#&dayf=1
in the [MeasureCurrent] section of the skin you posted the code from. This is because everywhere else the variable #ZipCode# is used. Save the file once you modified it.

Next, you need to either:

- load the Option.ini skin in the suite you're using (I assume it's Neon Space 2.5) and click the WEATHER CODE button in the GENERAL tab, then, in the top right corner you'll see a box where you can modify the code. Enter your code from Brazil, press Enter and the weather should display correctly.

OR

- edit the file C:\Users\[your user name]\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Neon Space\@Resources\Variables.inc and enter BRXX1354:1:BR after Zipcode=, replacing what was previously written on that line.

Let us know if it solved your problem. Vamos Brasil! ;-)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: February 26th, 2019, 1:40 am There's a problem in his skin, as the code used for the current condition is BRXX1354:1:BR (aka the right one, his location), while for tonight, tomorrow and the rest of the forecast, a variable named #ZipCode# is used. Now if that variable is different from BRXX1354:1:BR, that would explain the wrong forecasted temperatures in his skin, since the forecast would be done for an entirely different location.
:thumbup: Good point, I think I missed this detail.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: February 26th, 2019, 1:12 pm:thumbup: Good point, I think I missed this detail.
Nothing to worry. Eventually the problem will likely be solved. That skin is HUGE, by the way... 60 MB or something :jawdrop