It is currently March 29th, 2024, 9:05 am

VPN Status Skin refresh help

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
NocodeExp

Re: VPN Status Skin refresh help

Post by NocodeExp »

This works great.
Thank you so much!!!

So, to get my head around this, because I want to glean a nugget or two, My original skin was updating using the [Rainmeter] update=xx, but the rest of my code was jacked up and didn't have the !Redraw anywhere so it appeared to not refresh ? In the Skins log, I could see one of values update, but not the other which triggered the "Active" indicator.

The [!UpdateMeter *] was what I really needed to use to refresh the sysinfo data followed by a [!Redraw] to update my visuals. The extra steps were "correct" but unnecessary as there was a better way to code it.

I truly do appreciate you taking time away from something much cooler and more fun to fix some code that performs a menial task that you yourself can't test or benefit from. You are top shelf in my book.!!

Thanks again.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: VPN Status Skin refresh help

Post by eclectic-tech »

NocodeExp wrote: February 19th, 2019, 1:49 am This works great.
Thank you so much!!!
Glad it is working for you.
NocodeExp wrote:So, to get my head around this, because I want to glean a nugget or two, My original skin was updating using the [Rainmeter] update=xx, but the rest of my code was jacked up and didn't have the !Redraw anywhere so it appeared to not refresh ? In the Skins log, I could see one of values update, but not the other which triggered the "Active" indicator.
The miss-numbered IfConditions1= in your OnlineStausChecks was preventing the color change from being set. If you corrected that, it should have changed the font color on the next update (after 10 seconds due to your skin update rate).
NocodeExp wrote:The [!UpdateMeter *] was what I really needed to use to refresh the sysinfo data followed by a [!Redraw] to update my visuals. The extra steps were "correct" but unnecessary as there was a better way to code it.
It is just a good habit to !Update and !Redraw after changing options so you see the change immediately instead of on the next skin update. Since you were not using all the measure values in your skin, combining them into one set of measures simplified the action and uses less resources. If you were using the adapter name, I would have done the correction above, to your IfCondition OnlineStatusCheck measures.
NocodeExp wrote:I truly do appreciate you taking time away from something much cooler and more fun to fix some code that performs a menial task that you yourself can't test or benefit from. You are top shelf in my book.!!

Thanks again.
No problem! Happy to help. :great: