It is currently April 20th, 2024, 4:01 am

Is it possible to toggles skins on and off?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Blackthorn87

Is it possible to toggles skins on and off?

Post by Blackthorn87 »

I've searched through the forums the best I could and haven't found a solution. I'm quite adept at creating rainmeter skins and can find my way around the ini files, but terminology in the help file gets a bit confusing.

What I want to know is; 'Is there a bang or a function that will allow me to turn skins on and off?'

I don't just mean show and hide meters, I mean turn the actual skin on and off like you do when you right click, go to configs and check/uncheck them. If it's possible i would help enormously towards an idea I have for a suite.

Edit: I have just looked at the help file again and can see there is a !bang (!RainmeterShow/Hide) which looks like it can be used, but I'm not sure how to use it - I've not seen it used before. If someone could give an example of how to apply it, that would be great.

Thanks for any help in advance.

P.S. I think I've been staring at it for too long for it make any sense!
^(-.-)^

Re: Is it possible to toggles skins on and off?

Post by ^(-.-)^ »

Well you need to create a button Show/Off and apply some kod.

Code: Select all

[Overlay1]
Meter=IMAGE
X=0
;-221
Y=220
;-201
ImageName=image.png
LeftMouseDownAction=!Execute [!RainmeterHideMeter Overlay1][!RainmeterShowMeter Overlay2][!RainmeterHideMeter Variable1]#ShowAll#[!RainmeterRedraw]

[Overlay2]
Meter=IMAGE
X=0
Y=220
ImageName=image.png
Hidden=1
LeftMouseDownAction=!Execute [!RainmeterShowMeter Overlay1][!RainmeterShowMeter Variable1][!RainmeterHideMeter Overlay2][!RainmeterHideMeter Variabl2]#HideAll#[!RainmeterRedraw]

Something like this. You need to play with codes

Here is an example from a skin that I wanted to you, the same way : http://www.speedyshare.com/files/21251521/System_Info.rar

Is that you are talking about?
Alex2539
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Alex2539 »

Your best bet is to use this bang:
Manual wrote:!RainmeterToggleConfig [Config] [Ini-file]
Toggles the configuration ini-file.
Replace [Config] with the name of the config (ie: the folder that the .ini file is in) and [Ini-file] with the actual filename of the skin.

Example:
Let's say you want to toggle Enigma's Calendar on and off, you would use this bang:

!RainmeterToggleConfig Enigma\Sidebar\Calendar Calendar.ini
All you need to do is attach that to any action in any skin, and you can switch the Calendar skin on and off.
ImageImageImageImage
Blackthorn87

Post by Blackthorn87 »

Thanks ^(-.-)^ but that isn't what I needed to know, I can already do that.

Alex, that is exactly what I wanted. Thanks a bunch, now I can get on with designing my suite. Drop by http://blackthorn87.deviantart.com in the future to see if I manage to complete the suite, so far it has no name.

Thanks, whoever's moderating, you can close the thread now.
Bonsitm

Post by Bonsitm »

Alex2539 wrote: Your best bet is to use this bang: Replace [Config] with the name of the config (ie: the folder that the .ini file is in) and [Ini-file] with the actual filename of the skin.

Example:
Let's say you want to toggle Enigma's Calendar on and off, you would use this bang:

!RainmeterToggleConfig Enigma\Sidebar\Calendar Calendar.ini
All you need to do is attach that to any action in any skin, and you can switch the Calendar skin on and off.
I've tried that and it doesnt work for what I'm doing. Any chance of some help? I can provide code.
Alex2539
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Alex2539 »

If the path to the .ini file or the .ini file itself contains spaces, you will need to encase each argument in "quotes". If that doesn't work or if that's not the problem, post the code here and I'll take a look. Also, if you could post the exact path to the .ini file you are trying to toggle it may help as well.
ImageImageImageImage
Bonsitm

Post by Bonsitm »

Alex2539 wrote:If the path to the .ini file or the .ini file itself contains spaces, you will need to encase each argument in "quotes". If that doesn't work or if that's not the problem, post the code here and I'll take a look. Also, if you could post the exact path to the .ini file you are trying to toggle it may help as well.
Thanks! The quotes made all the difference! The path contained 'glass box', which as you said contained a space. :)