It is currently April 18th, 2024, 4:48 am

.INI Program Launch

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
shadowgerwig

.INI Program Launch

Post by shadowgerwig »

Currently in need of a little assistance with my shortcuts.ini file. All of my shortcuts open their respective programs properly except for Calculator and Spotify (Ico5 and Ico6). All of my other icons work properly so I'm not sure why those two don't load their respective programs.
"

Code: Select all

[Ico1]
Meter=Image
x=52
ImageName=Inverse_Chrome_Mini.png
LeftMouseUpAction=chrome.exe
DymamicVariables=1

[Ico2]
Meter=Image
x=54R
ImageName=Excel_Mini.png
LeftMouseUpAction=EXCEL.EXE
DymamicVariables=1

[Ico3]
Meter=Image
MeterStyle=Ico2
ImageName=Word_Mini.png
LeftMouseUpAction=WINWORD.EXE
DymamicVariables=1

[Ico4]
Meter=Image
MeterStyle=Ico2
ImageName=OneNote_Mini.png
LeftMouseUpAction=ONENOTE.EXE
DymamicVariables=1

[Ico5]
Meter=Image
MeterStyle=Ico2
ImageName=Calculator_Mini.png
LeftMouseUpAction=Calculator.exe
DymamicVariables=1

[Ico6]
Meter=Image
MeterStyle=Ico2
ImageName=Spotify_Mini.png
LeftMouseUpAction=Spotify.exe
DymamicVariables=1
"

Any ideas as to why they aren't working or things I could try would be greatly appreciated!!
Last edited by eclectic-tech on February 5th, 2019, 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use code tags.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: .INI Program Launch

Post by eclectic-tech »

The program to open Windows calculator is 'calc.exe' not 'calculator.exe'...

I do not use Spotify, but I know you will need the complete path to the executable for the action to work. :welcome:
shadowgerwig

Post by shadowgerwig »

eclectic-tech wrote: February 5th, 2019, 4:00 am The program to open Windows calculator is 'calc.exe' not 'calculator.exe'...

I do not use Spotify, but I know you will need the complete path to the executable for the action to work. :welcome:
Thank you! I thought it might be calc.exe but when I opened the program it ran as calculator.exe for some reason.

And for Spotify, would I just go ahead and add the entire file path to my LeftMouseUpAction? My apologies if this seems like a dumb question, I have some experience with various programming languages but I am entirely new to Rainmeter!
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

shadowgerwig wrote: February 5th, 2019, 5:31 pm Thank you! I thought it might be calc.exe but when I opened the program it ran as calculator.exe for some reason.
No problem! :)
shadowgerwig wrote:And for Spotify, would I just go ahead and add the entire file path to my LeftMouseUpAction? My apologies if this seems like a dumb question, I have some experience with various programming languages but I am entirely new to Rainmeter!
Yes, just add the path to the mouse action; e.g.; LeftMouseUpAction=["C:\Program Files\Spotify\Spotify.exe"]