It is currently April 27th, 2024, 4:40 am

Recycle Bin Completed but not executable!

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Ao Nuu Shin

Re: Recycle Bin Completed but not executable!

Post by Ao Nuu Shin »

balala wrote: January 23rd, 2019, 3:44 pm I'm sorry, but I can't get the described issue with the Julia's BDay gift\Notepad - Done\Notepad.ini skin (because this is the incriminated skin I think, right?). When I open it, all I get is the image and a Notepad string. When clicked, Notepad opens. But I don't get the white rounded rectangle, or something like this (see the attached image).
So, are you sure you get it there? Refresh the skin. What do you see?
Ah, yeah, I forgot to tell you, I forgot!! Sorry! I changed the last numbers to 8, so basically it was like 8,8,8,8,8. And it looks like a tiny small white dot on the left, at least for me here. My bad. I copied/pasted the code to look exactly like the one you gave me earlier, because I wanted to give you an example of what I had earlier, I didn't want to put it edited with the change I did to confuse you, then again, I guess I did confused you now, sorry, my bad!
Ao Nuu Shin

Post by Ao Nuu Shin »

balala wrote: January 23rd, 2019, 3:44 pm I'm sorry, but I can't get the described issue with the Julia's BDay gift\Notepad - Done\Notepad.ini skin (because this is the incriminated skin I think, right?). When I open it, all I get is the image and a Notepad string. When clicked, Notepad opens. But I don't get the white rounded rectangle, or something like this (see the attached image).
So, are you sure you get it there? Refresh the skin. What do you see?
I also cannot see/get the attachment, it is just throwing me in DArt's page. I think it's your profile? You're cool! I think what I want to do is to make the edges from my images look kinda round instead of edgy, I could do on photoshop, instead, I think I might be able to. Because, I don't want to change the color or change the icon completely. It's hard for me to explain it better, sorry..
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Now I'm finally not sure at all. Do you still have the described issue? Do you still see a white rounded shape, instead of the image, when you refresh the skin?
Ao Nuu Shin

Post by Ao Nuu Shin »

balala wrote: January 23rd, 2019, 6:16 pm Now I'm finally not sure at all. Do you still have the described issue? Do you still see a white rounded shape, instead of the image, when you refresh the skin?
The skin is refreshed, because I changed the code earlier but forgot to type it here edited.

Code: Select all

[MeterContainer]
Meter=Shape
Shape=Rectangle 10,10,8,8,8
X=0
Y=0
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Ao Nuu Shin wrote: January 23rd, 2019, 6:28 pm The skin is refreshed, because I changed the code earlier but forgot to type it here edited.
So, again, please: you still have the issue?
Ao Nuu Shin

Post by Ao Nuu Shin »

balala wrote: January 23rd, 2019, 6:30 pm So, again, please: you still have the issue?
If I try to change it back the way it was originally, yes. I don't know what to change in this code in order to fix it and for it to not cover my image of the notepad for example.

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
AccurateText=1
DynamicWindowSize=1
============================
[Metadata]
Author=Me
Information=Opens Notepad
Version=1.0
[Meter]
Meter=Image
ImageName=#@#Images\Test1.png
Container=MeterContainer
LeftMouseUpAction=["notepad"]
X=1
Y=1
W=130
H=30
AntiAlias=1
ToolTipText=Left click opens Notepad.
[MeterString]
Meter=String
FontFace=Alex Brush
FontColor=255,255,255,255
FontSize=15
AntiAlias=1
Y=5
X=32
Text=Notepad
[MeterContainer]
Meter=Shape
Shape=Rectangle 10,10,8,8,8
X=0
Y=0
This is the code for the notepad, for example. I don't know what to change to make only my image round on the edges and not cover it with another white image on the front.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Ao Nuu Shin wrote: January 23rd, 2019, 6:33 pm This is the code for the notepad, for example. I don't know what to change to make only my image round on the edges and not cover it with another white image on the front.
First take care that what you see is part of the Test1.png image covered by the [MeterContainer] meter. This being too small (just 8 / 8 pixels!), plus the image (Test1.png) being almost transparent, it is very hard to see what you have to see. It definitely isn't white, but being so small and almost transparent, what you see, depends on what you have behind the skin as well.
If you increase the size of the [MeterContainer] meter (for example with: Shape=Rectangle 10,10,80,80,8), you'll get a much better visible section of the image. You probably will have to find the best values for all those parameters in the above Shape option.
Doesn't worth too much in my opinion to have a large image (130 / 30 pixels) and make visible with a Container option, only a 8 / 8 pixels surface from it. Simply this is too small. I'm not sure what was your intention, but as written, doesn't look a very good idea.
Just my opinion...
Ao Nuu Shin

Post by Ao Nuu Shin »

balala wrote: January 23rd, 2019, 7:04 pm First take care that what you see is part of the Test1.png image covered by the [MeterContainer] meter. This being too small (just 8 / 8 pixels!), plus the image (Test1.png) being almost transparent, it is very hard to see what you have to see. It definitely isn't white, but being so small and almost transparent, what you see, depends on what you have behind the skin as well.
If you increase the size of the [MeterContainer] meter (for example with: Shape=Rectangle 10,10,80,80,8), you'll get a much better visible section of the image. You probably will have to find the best values for all those parameters in the above Shape option.
Doesn't worth too much in my opinion to have a large image (130 / 30 pixels) and make visible with a Container option, only a 8 / 8 pixels surface from it. Simply this is too small. I'm not sure what was your intention, but as written, doesn't look a very good idea.
Just my opinion...
I will take your opinion and give it much consideration because I know what you try to say here, and I think I agree with you. I'll try to keep playing with the values and make some changes. In the worst case scenario, I can make a do with photoshop, since I am learning about that, too at the same time! I want to completely make from scratch my own icons and turn them in to a rainmeter skin for windows 10. This is a big achievement for me and something I am looking forward to. Thank you very much for telling me, again, you are a big help.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Ao Nuu Shin wrote: January 23rd, 2019, 7:51 pm I will take your opinion and give it much consideration because I know what you try to say here, and I think I agree with you. I'll try to keep playing with the values and make some changes. In the worst case scenario, I can make a do with photoshop, since I am learning about that, too at the same time! I want to completely make from scratch my own icons and turn them in to a rainmeter skin for windows 10. This is a big achievement for me and something I am looking forward to. Thank you very much for telling me, again, you are a big help.
You're welcome.
For what want you to use the image created into Photoshop: as image itself, or into the Container option? Because this last idea isn't good. Doesn't worth to work creating an image if you want to use it just as a container, because if anytime later you want to change anything, you have to create the image again. For a such action a Shape meter is much better, because later you can anytime change it easily.
However, when it's ready please let me know how have you succeeded.

And in meantime, just one more small detail: right now it's hard to click or right-click your skin. That's because it has some transparent parts and due to these, you have to always click on a non-transparent part of your skin. To avoid this, just add the following two options to the [Rainmeter] section of your skin:

[Rainmeter]
BackgroundMode=2
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
These options don't change anything visible in your skin, but if you added them, you can much easier click or right-click anywhere on the skin.
Ao Nuu Shin

Post by Ao Nuu Shin »

balala wrote: January 23rd, 2019, 8:18 pm You're welcome.
For what want you to use the image created into Photoshop: as image itself, or into the Container option? Because this last idea isn't good. Doesn't worth to work creating an image if you want to use it just as a container, because if anytime later you want to change anything, you have to create the image again. For a such action a Shape meter is much better, because later you can anytime change it easily.
However, when it's ready please let me know how have you succeeded.

And in meantime, just one more small detail: right now it's hard to click or right-click your skin. That's because it has some transparent parts and due to these, you have to always click on a non-transparent part of your skin. To avoid this, just add the following two options to the [Rainmeter] section of your skin:

[Rainmeter]
BackgroundMode=2
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
These options don't change anything visible in your skin, but if you added them, you can much easier click or right-click anywhere on the skin.
Ah, I was just wondering If I could turn the edges of my image in to round a bit. I don't really mind the way it looks, I like it, but I'll keep creating icons in photoshop and try to import them on rainmeter. I have 2 months before her birthdays. I hope by then I'll be able to finish with the rainmeter and give it to her in a top shape as a present!

Thank you for helping me, I feel bad for asking all the time here whenever I encounter an issue and can't solve it on my own...