Update=1000

[Meter]
Meter=Image

[MeasureIdleTime]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SysInfo
SysInfoType=IDLE_TIME
IfAboveValue=4
IfAboveAction=["@Resources\HideDesktopIcons.exe"][!EnableMeasureGroup "Measures"]

[MeasureWakeUp]
Measure=Calc
Group=Measures
Formula=MeasureIdleTime
IfEqualValue=1
IfEqualAction=["@Resources\HideDesktopIcons.exe"][!Refresh]
Disabled=1
I tried doing a few other things but in the end they also didnt work or i just wrote the code above in a different way. Is it possible that i dont understand the plugin/function to its fullest or what? Btw the code i copied for MeasureIdleTime and MeasureWakeUp was from this post and i just edited the ifActions to run an executable.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Trying to make a skin that hides icons using IDLE_TIME

Post by balala »

The code works perfectly, but there are a few thing to take into account:
  • Does the HideDesktopIcons.exe app work? As I don't have it, I don't know how does it work.
  • Even if it does, don't use it as you did. You shouldn't refere to the @Resources folder with @Resources, but with #@#. Details: https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual-beta/skins/resources-folder/. As such, ["@Resources\HideDesktopIcons.exe"], should have to be replaced with ["#@#HideDesktopIcons.exe"]. @Resources doesn't work if the skin isn't placed into the root config, while #@# always works, no matter where the skin is placed.
  • Not very sure what would you like to achieve with the [MeasureWakeUp] measure. When the computer is idle for more then 4 seconds (at least 5), [MeasureWakeUp] is enabled. But its IfEqualAction is executed only when the measure is exactly equal with 1. This measure is enabled only when [MeasureIdleTime] is greater then 4, so it never is equal to 1 (4 is greater then 1). Once [MeasureIdleWakeUp] enabled, if you move the mouse, [MeasureWakeUp] gets 0 (due the computer is no idle anymore), so because [MeasureWakeUp] is enabled, when it (and [MeasureIdleTime]) is again equal 1, the skin is refreshed and all is restarted over again. Here I'm a bit :confused:
supermantoni

Post by supermantoni »

Welp, both you and I were wrong. I realized that using just @Resources or #@# when running an exe isnt possible. It works now by after I put in the whole address to the exe. And that IfAboveEquals=1 was written out of desperation because i was staring at a single piece of code for well over an hour and just wanted to do something that will make it work (i started learning rainmeter an hour and a half before that). This is a great tool what i just wrote and i will upload it. It would be nice to get my hands on the source code of HideDesktopIcons.exe so i can make them fade away instead of just disappearing or trigger a sound. Thanks for your help :welcome: .
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

supermantoni wrote: January 3rd, 2019, 1:05 pm I realized that using just @Resources or #@# when running an exe isnt possible.
I assure you, it is possible. .exe can be run as #@#HideDesktopIcons.exe, just have to have the .exe file into the Resources folder of the current config.
Would you tell what was the exact and full path of both the HideDesktopIcons.exe file and of skin?
supermantoni

Post by supermantoni »

balala wrote: January 3rd, 2019, 1:19 pm Would you tell what was the exact and full path of both the HideDesktopIcons.exe file and of skin?
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\hideicon\@Resources\HideDesktopIcons.exe
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Never use "@Resources" in a path. Use the variable #@# to target the @Resources folder for the current skin.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

supermantoni wrote: January 3rd, 2019, 2:21 pm C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\hideicon\@Resources\HideDesktopIcons.exe
And what is the path of the skin's .ini file?