It is currently March 29th, 2024, 12:57 pm

3 way toggle switch?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
StArL0rd84

3 way toggle switch?

Post by StArL0rd84 »

A while back i came across a neat way of making an ordinary 2 way toggle switch, but now i need a 3 way.
Looked into counters but could not find a elegant solution there.
I am hoping the following code can be converted into a 3 way somehow...

I need it in this case because there's a Off setting besides just Blur and Acrylic.

Code: Select all

[Variables]
BlurTypeState=0

[mBlurType]
 Measure=Calc
 Formula=#BlurTypeState#
 IfEqualValue=0
 IfEqualAction=[!SetVariable BlurType Blur][!WriteKeyValue Variables BlurType "Blur" #Var#"][!UpdateMeasure FrostedGlass][!UpdateMeter DescBlurBehind][!Redraw]
 IfAboveValue=0
 IfAboveAction=[!SetVariable BlurType Acrylic][!WriteKeyValue Variables BlurType "Acrylic" #Var#"][!UpdateMeasure FrostedGlass][!UpdateMeter DescBlurBehind][!Redraw]
 DynamicVariables=1
 UpdateDivider=-1
 Group=Blur

LeftMouseDownAction=[!SetVariable BlurTypeState "(1-#BlurTypeState#)"][!WriteKeyValue Variables BlurTypeState "(1-#BlurTypeState#)" "#Var#"][!UpdateMeasureGroup Blur][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
([mWorkTime] = 1 ? #Work# : ([mEnergyLoss:%] >= 70% ? #Chillmode# : </>))
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: 3 way toggle switch?

Post by balala »

Beside the IfEqual and IfAbove, there is a third set of options: IfBelow. Using this, your code should look in the following form:

[Variables]
BlurTypeState=0

[mBlurType]
Measure=Calc
Formula=#BlurTypeState#
IfBelowValue=1
IfBelowAction=[!SetVariable BlurType Blur][!WriteKeyValue Variables BlurType "None" #Var#"][!UpdateMeasure FrostedGlass][!UpdateMeter DescBlurBehind][!Redraw]
IfEqualValue=1
IfEqualAction=[!SetVariable BlurType Blur][!WriteKeyValue Variables BlurType "Blur" #Var#"][!UpdateMeasure FrostedGlass][!UpdateMeter DescBlurBehind][!Redraw]
IfAboveValue=1
IfAboveAction=[!SetVariable BlurType Acrylic][!WriteKeyValue Variables BlurType "Acrylic" #Var#"][!UpdateMeasure FrostedGlass][!UpdateMeter DescBlurBehind][!Redraw]
LeftMouseDownAction=[!SetVariable BlurTypeState "((1+#BlurTypeState#)%3)"][!WriteKeyValue Variables BlurTypeState "((1+#BlurTypeState#)%3)" "#Var#"][!UpdateMeasureGroup Blur][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
DynamicVariables=1
UpdateDivider=-1
Group=Blur
But instead of using IfAction, you should have to use IfConditions, which is much more reliable and can have as many conditions as needed. Using these instead of IfAction, the above code would look like:

[Variables]
BlurTypeState=0

[mBlurType]
Measure=Calc
Formula=#BlurTypeState#
IfCondition=(#CURRENTSECTION#=0)
IfTrueAction=[!SetVariable BlurType Blur][!WriteKeyValue Variables BlurType "None" #Var#"][!UpdateMeasure FrostedGlass][!UpdateMeter DescBlurBehind][!Redraw]
IfCondition2=(#CURRENTSECTION#=0)
IfTrueAction2=[!SetVariable BlurType Blur][!WriteKeyValue Variables BlurType "Blur" #Var#"][!UpdateMeasure FrostedGlass][!UpdateMeter DescBlurBehind][!Redraw]
IfCondition3=(#CURRENTSECTION#=0)
IfTrueAction3=[!SetVariable BlurType Blur][!WriteKeyValue Variables BlurType "Acrylic" #Var#"][!UpdateMeasure FrostedGlass][!UpdateMeter DescBlurBehind][!Redraw]
LeftMouseDownAction=[!SetVariable BlurTypeState "((1+#BlurTypeState#)%3)"][!WriteKeyValue Variables BlurTypeState "((1+#BlurTypeState#)%3)" "#Var#"][!UpdateMeasureGroup Blur][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
DynamicVariables=1
UpdateDivider=-1
Group=Blur
Note that I also rewrote the formula of the BlurTypeState variable into the LeftMouseUpAction option. With this new formula the value of the variable varies from 0 to 2, as needed.
StArL0rd84

Post by StArL0rd84 »

Hey thanks!
exactly what i needed :thumbup:
The ((1+#BlurState#)%3) trick is really nice. Can now make a 1 million way toggle...
3way.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
([mWorkTime] = 1 ? #Work# : ([mEnergyLoss:%] >= 70% ? #Chillmode# : </>))
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

StArL0rd84 wrote: December 31st, 2018, 1:11 pm Can now make a 1 million way toggle...
Exactly. Just note that if in the above formula you are using 3, the returned values go from 0 to 2 (one below).