It is currently April 24th, 2024, 5:27 am

Help With UsageMonitor

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
EmeraldFlame

Help With UsageMonitor

Post by EmeraldFlame »

I'm attempting to implement the UsageMonitor plugin that's detailed in the official documentation.

Specifically, I'm simply trying to get a readout of the overall GPU usage, and I'm currently using this:

Code: Select all

[MeasureGPU]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=UsageMonitor
Alias=GPU
Percent=1

[MeterPercent]
Meter=STRING
MeasureName=MeasureGPU
Text=%1%
Percentual=1
From what I'm reading in the documentation, this should be displaying the GPU usage in a percentage, but instead, %1 just seems to be returning the word "Total". What am I doing wrong here?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Help With UsageMonitor

Post by balala »

EmeraldFlame wrote: December 30th, 2018, 6:42 am What am I doing wrong here?
The UsageMonitor plugin measures are returning two distinct values: a string one (in this case this is "Total") and numeric one (in this case the percentage). When using a String meter to show the value returned by the measure as you did, the string value is shown. There are two possibilities to show the numeric value:
  • Instead of the used Text option use the following option: Text=[MeasureGPU:]%. This also requires to add a DynamicVariables=1 option to the [MeterPercent] meter, because a section variable is used. Don't forget it.
  • Add a Calc measure to the code, which will return the numeric value of the measure. Add the following measure:

[MeasureGPUNum]
    Measure=Calc
    Formula=MeasureGPU
    Then modify the MeasureName option of the [MeterPercent] meter to show the value of this last added Calc measure:

[MeterPercent]
    MeasureName=MeasureGPUNum