It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 9:40 am

Updated Image of Spinning Earth

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
GTI.H

Updated Image of Spinning Earth

Post by GTI.H »

Hi,

Does anyone know where we can find an image of the earth that is updated like this one from the moon?

I'd really like to use it on my Skin, any help is appreciated. :)
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Updated Image of Spinning Earth

Post by jsmorley »

I don't know where to get that, but this is kinda fun...

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
DynamicWindowSize=1
AccurateText=1

[MeasureYear]
Measure=Time
Format=%Y
TimeZone=0

[MeasureMonth]
Measure=Time
Format=%m
TimeZone=0

[MeasureDay]
Measure=Time
Format=%d
TimeZone=0

[MeasureHour]
Measure=Time
Format=%H
TimeZone=0

[MeasureMinute]
Measure=Time
Format=%M
TimeZone=0

[MeasureImage]
Measure=WebParser
URL=https://www.timeanddate.com/scripts/sunmap.php?iso=[&MeasureYear][&MeasureMonth][&MeasureDay]T[&MeasureHour][&MeasureMinute]
DynamicVariables=1
Download=1
DownloadFile=SunMap.jpg

[MeterImage]
Meter=Image
MeasureName=MeasureImage
1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GTI.H

Post by GTI.H »

Cool!

But my Skin needs a globe preferably with sunlight, etc. similar to Google Maps.
Globo.JPG
Something like this but with updates.
Any ideas?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I'm willing to bet there is such a site, but sorry, I have no idea where it might be.

The trouble with that view, as opposed to a Mercator projection map, is that you have to pick a "viewpoint". So for me, the example you posted is useless, as I not on it.
GTI.H

Post by GTI.H »

It would be amazing to find this site. :)

I'm not on the moon but I really like your realistic image with the sun's rays! :D
ikarus1969

Post by ikarus1969 »

Maybe you want to try and adapt that skin. you have to define a pair of longitude/latitude coordinates and the height above earth.
The picture is generated by a swiss site (driven by John Walker, the founder of Autodesk and co-author of AutoCAD if someone still knows that program); just follow instructions on https://www.fourmilab.ch/earthview/custom.html:
Screenshot Earth.jpg

Code: Select all

; follow instructions on
; https://www.fourmilab.ch/earthview/custom.html

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
AccurateText=1
OnWakeAction=[!Refresh]
DynamicWindowSize=1

[Measure_PIC]
Measure=WEBPARSER
; Url="http://fourmilab.ch/cgi-bin/Earth?img=NASAmMM-l.evif&imgsize=320&dynimg=y&gamma=1.32&opt=-p&lat=&lon=&alt=&tle=&date=0&utc=&jd="
Url="http://fourmilab.ch/cgi-bin/Earth?img=NASAmMM-l.evif&imgsize=320&dynimg=y&gamma=1.32&opt=-l&lat=48.2&ns=North&lon=16.37&ew=East&alt=35785&tle=&date=0&utc=&jd="
Download=1
DownloadFile=.\\Earth.jpg
UserAgent=Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/71.0.3578.98 Safari/537.36
FinishAction=[!UpdateMeter "Meter_PIC"]
DynamicVariables=1

[Meter_Container]
Meter=SHAPE
Shape=Ellipse (#WORKAREAX# + 160), (#WORKAREAY# + 160), 160, 160 | Stroke Color FF000000 | Fill Color FF0000FF
DynamicVariables=1

[Meter_PIC]
Container=Meter_Container
Meter=IMAGE
ImageName=DownloadFile\Earth.jpg
X=#WORKAREAX#
Y=#WORKAREAY#
W=320
PreserveAspectRatio=1
AntiAlias=1
GTI.H

Post by GTI.H »

ikarus1969 wrote: December 17th, 2018, 1:42 pm Maybe you want to try and adapt that skin. you have to define a pair of longitude/latitude coordinates and the height above earth.
The picture is generated by a swiss site (driven by John Walker, the founder of Autodesk and co-author of AutoCAD if someone still knows that program); just follow instructions on https://www.fourmilab.ch/earthview/custom.html:
Oh! Thank you!

Sounds pretty good and that's the best we have here so far, I'm going to study your suggestion.

It would be very good if the globe had its axis of rotation on vertical on the plane of the image with the rays of sun falling on the left of the globe equal to the image of the moon that we have.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

ikarus1969 wrote: December 17th, 2018, 1:42 pm Maybe you want to try and adapt that skin. you have to define a pair of longitude/latitude coordinates and the height above earth.
The picture is generated by a swiss site (driven by John Walker, the founder of Autodesk and co-author of AutoCAD if someone still knows that program);
If you're downloading an image with a WebParser measure, instead of using an ImageName option on the related Image meter, much better would be to use a MeasureName option. That's why I'd replace the ImageName=DownloadFile\Earth.jpg option of [Meter_PIC] meter with MeasureName=Measure_PIC.
GTI.H

Post by GTI.H »

:jawdrop Amazing, amazing, amazing! :jawdrop

I have not mastered this site yet, but it's hard to find something better, it does everything except coffee. What to expect from a site with a parent like that?

We need information about the syntax of the URL for better domain.
I will try to implement this globe in my Skin and I will need to remove the black background.
Is this possible with v4.2.0?
Last edited by GTI.H on December 23rd, 2018, 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ikarus1969

Post by ikarus1969 »

balala wrote: December 17th, 2018, 3:20 pm much better would be to use a MeasureName option.
It's not better, just different. Maybe i want to keep the downloaded file and not be deleted (because it's in a temporary folder).