It is currently April 19th, 2024, 12:37 pm

keeps opening a new browser

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Vldtennis1997

keeps opening a new browser

Post by Vldtennis1997 »

Hello,

I just made my first skin using rainmeter. It looks quite nice. The only thing is that when I open for example word and I want to have a look at an other program and I re-enter word it opens a new document. Does anyone know how I can choose my existing files.

Thanks in advance
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: keeps opening a new browser

Post by balala »

Vldtennis1997 wrote: December 16th, 2018, 1:42 pm I just made my first skin using rainmeter. It looks quite nice. The only thing is that when I open for example word and I want to have a look at an other program and I re-enter word it opens a new document. Does anyone know how I can choose my existing files.
Depends on what "re-enter word" means. Could you please post the code you have so far?
jsmorley
Developer

Re: keeps opening a new browser

Post by jsmorley »

If you execute word with something like word.exe "myfile.doc" or even just word.exe, word will be executed and either open the requested file, or start a new one. If you then minimize the word window, you need to use the Windows taskbar or ALT-TAB to restore it. Executing the above actions again won't restore the existing window, but will likely create a new one. It depends on the application a bit, as some apps allow "more than one instance" to be open at one time, and some don't. I don't use or have Microsoft Word, so I'm not at all sure how it behaves.

Rainmeter itself is not a "taskbar" or "task manager" though...