It is currently April 26th, 2024, 7:42 am

Weird "Include" behavior.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
kyriakos876

Weird "Include" behavior.

Post by kyriakos876 »

Hello,
In the attached skin below I have the same skin 2 times with different @Includes on both of them.
I take the context of one of them and I put it in .txt file at @Resources\UpdateOutput\Updater.txt
Then I include it in the BugExplorer\ButThisDoesnt\Updater.ini skin.

Now if you load the
BugExplorer\WhyDoesThisWork\Updater.ini
and
BugExplorer\ButThisDoesnt\Updater.ini
you will see that only the one in the WhyDoesThisWork works correct.
I figured out that if you open
@Resources\UpdateOutput\Updater.txt
and go to line 85, and change the [Header] to anything else, for example [Header900] this skin will work normally, only without the style applied to the first string.

Why is this happening?
I understand that this might be a bit confusing, so let me know if you have trouble understanding.

-Thanks in advance.
Last edited by kyriakos876 on December 11th, 2018, 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Weird "Include" behavior.

Post by jsmorley »

I have no idea what behavior you are talking about.
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

jsmorley wrote: December 11th, 2018, 6:43 pm I have no idea what behavior you are talking about.
Both skins are the exact same when you load them?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I'm not sure how they can be. They are radically different.
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

jsmorley wrote: December 11th, 2018, 7:01 pm I'm not sure how they can be. They are radically different.
They are the exact same thing, it's just the one has the code stored in another .txt file... Here's a GIF trying to demonstrate the issue:
preview.gif
Incase you didn't notice, in the Variables.inc there's a style named [Header] that should automatically apply to the [Header] in the skin, just like it does in the other skin, which works fine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Well, the first place I would look is the fact that @Include files are inserted at the point in the skin where the @Include option is invoked. This can easily make a huge difference in Z-position with meters. The order things are in the skin makes a difference, with Z-position on meters, and with the order measures are executed in.
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

jsmorley wrote: December 11th, 2018, 7:12 pm Well, the first place I would look is the fact that @Include files are inserted at the point in the skin where the @Include option is invoked. This can easily make a huge difference in Z-position with meters. The order things are in the skin makes a difference, with Z-position on meters, and with the order measures are executed in.
They are in the correct order. Everything works fine except for the Style. Check this other GIF that I think will help you understand better:
Click to animate
preview.gif
See how I only change the name of the section and manually set the meterstyle?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Yeah, I don't follow. You can't have a MeterStyle reference itself... You simply can't have

[Header]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=Header

Is there actually another MeterStyle called [Header]? If so, that just creates a conflict.
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

jsmorley wrote: December 11th, 2018, 7:20 pm Yeah, I don't follow. You can't have a MeterStyle reference itself... You simply can't have

[Header]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=Header

Is there actually a MeterStyle called [Meter900]?
It's not referencing itself... In the variables.inc there's a style like this:

Code: Select all

[Header]
StringAlign=Center
FontColor=#AccentColor#
FontFace=Roboto
FontSize=(18*#WVar#)
AntiAlias=1

No, there's no other meter called [Header900] except for the one you see me edit.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

kyriakos876 wrote: December 11th, 2018, 7:22 pm It's not referencing itself... In the variables.inc there's a style like this:

Code: Select all

[Header]
StringAlign=Center
FontColor=#AccentColor#
FontFace=Roboto
FontSize=(18*#WVar#)
AntiAlias=1

No, there's no other meter called [Header900] except for the one you see me edit.

But it IS referencing itself.

You have
[Header]
Meter=String
;MeterStyle=Header

So ok, that isn't referencing itself yet, but it also isn't using any MeterStyle.

If you remove the comment, you break it. A MeterStyle can't reference itself. If you have another section called [Header] in your .inc file, that is a MeterStyle, that's fine, but depending on the order things are loaded in the skin, only one section called [Header] will ever be acted upon. One will win, and one will be ignored.