It is currently April 18th, 2024, 6:05 pm

Help! My skin is playing the Windows 10 error sound instead of the .wavs it should be.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
agentmemez

Help! My skin is playing the Windows 10 error sound instead of the .wavs it should be.

Post by agentmemez »

Hello. Today I made 2 copies of a skin I had so I didn't have to change the colors everytime I wanted to change the background. However, after switching between them, the sound paths broke and I can't find out how to redirect the sound paths to the new folders. Please help! I have attached the folders and the link to the original skin is here: https://www.deviantart.com/mrcoaster/art/Fallout-Terminal-1-1-2-576429409
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Help! My skin is playing the Windows 10 error sound instead of the .wavs it should be.

Post by balala »

agentmemez wrote: October 23rd, 2018, 10:29 pm Hello. Today I made 2 copies of a skin I had so I didn't have to change the colors everytime I wanted to change the background. However, after switching between them, the sound paths broke and I can't find out how to redirect the sound paths to the new folders. Please help! I have attached the folders and the link to the original skin is here: https://www.deviantart.com/mrcoaster/art/Fallout-Terminal-1-1-2-576429409
Probably the issue is with the Key1 - Key5, PowerOn and PowerOff variables, written into the@resources\Variables.inc file. The skin rewrites these variable when you click the Enable sound button (or string). For example the first bang of the LeftMouseUpAction option of the [MeterSetting3] meter is this: [!WriteKeyValue Variables Key1 "#@#Sounds\key1.wav" "#@#Variables.inc"] (there are many others as well, I copied just the first one). When applied this !WriteKeyValue bang doesn't writes for the Key1 variable the #@#Sounds\key1.wav value, but rather it writes the path explicitly: Key1=C:\Users\brand\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\FalloutTerminal\@Resources\Sounds\key1.wav.
Try to modify the mentioned !WriteKeyValue bangs as it follows: [!WriteKeyValue Variables Key1 "#*@*#Sounds\key1.wav" "#@#Variables.inc"] (note the two * in the #@# variable). If you apply these changes (for every !WriteKeyValue bang, not just for the first one), the bangs will write these variable as #@#Sounds\key1.wav and this I hope fixes the issue.
This change of the !WriteKeyValue bangs has to be applied in both skins BismarkTerminal.ini and YamatoTerminal.ini.
agentmemez

Re: Help! My skin is playing the Windows 10 error sound instead of the .wavs it should be.

Post by agentmemez »

Thank you! I edited the variables.ini and now it works. I found the file paths, edited them, and the sounds are playing!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

agentmemez wrote: October 24th, 2018, 8:35 pm Thank you! I edited the variables.ini and now it works. I found the file paths, edited them, and the sounds are playing!
All right, I'm glad. But I also suggested you how to modify the !WriteKeyValue bangs, to get them writing the appropriate values into the file. Have you tried it out?