It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:07 pm

About Bluetooth...

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
kyriakos876

About Bluetooth...

Post by kyriakos876 »

It's ya boi back at it again with another one :welcome:
I was wondering if I can somehow retrieve information about Bluetooth in general...
Like, if a device is connected to my PC and what's is the name of the device.
And if that's possible, is there anyway to control Bluetooth from Rainmeter? Say, turn it off or on...
:bow:
Mor3bane

Re: About Bluetooth...

Post by Mor3bane »

In this thread someone said they have a bluetooth plugin they developed: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=29659
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

Mor3bane wrote: October 20th, 2018, 5:16 am In this thread someone said they have a bluetooth plugin they developed: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=29659
I don't see any reference on Bluetooth in this thread... Did I miss something?
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

kyriakos876 wrote: October 20th, 2018, 7:36 am I don't see any reference on Bluetooth in this thread... Did I miss something?
S orry! it was WiFi....!
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

Mor3bane wrote: October 20th, 2018, 8:14 am S orry! it was WiFi....!
No problem... If anyone knows anything more, let me know.
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

kyriakos876 wrote: October 19th, 2018, 8:07 pm It's ya boi back at it again with another one :welcome:
I was wondering if I can somehow retrieve information about Bluetooth in general...
Like, if a device is connected to my PC and what's is the name of the device.
And if that's possible, is there anyway to control Bluetooth from Rainmeter? Say, turn it off or on...
:bow:
you can use DevCon command utility to get info about bluetooth. Since DevCon is prohibited to redistribution you can search in internet how to obtain one. Then you can put it in your skin and to launch it you can use RunCommand Plugin

To turn off or on your bluetooth you must first obtain ID of your bluetooth driver.
How to do it:
Open Device Manager > follow to Bluetooth Radios > find your device (Mine is "Dell Wireless 1707 Bluetooth 4.0 LE Device") > right mouse click > Properties > Details tab, Property: Hardware Ids > copy your id
Capture.PNG
Then you need to use these command:
Disable:

Code: Select all

devcon.exe Disable "id" >NUL 2>&1
Enable:

Code: Select all

devcon.exe Enable "id" >NUL 2>&1
First try to play around with it in command line to make sure it is not a skin related problem if it does not work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

Active Colors wrote: October 20th, 2018, 6:17 pm you can use DevCon command utility to get info about bluetooth.
I was kind of hoping to avoid any 3rd parties... I tried something through the registry but there's sooo many things changing when I only turn off the Bluetooth or on and I just can't keep up with all of those.

here's a txt file with everything that changed in the registry when I just turned the Bluetooth off
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XZ4nPfGSWdxi-FdSSfv5ZK4kzZqw321q
That's why I didn't keep digging this lol (I might do tho idk)
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

kyriakos876 wrote: October 20th, 2018, 11:36 pm I was kind of hoping to avoid any 3rd parties... I tried something through the registry but there's sooo many things changing when I only turn off the Bluetooth or on and I just can't keep up with all of those.

here's a txt file with everything that changed in the registry when I just turned the Bluetooth off
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XZ4nPfGSWdxi-FdSSfv5ZK4kzZqw321q
That's why I didn't keep digging this lol (I might do tho idk)
The registry method will not work. The DevCon is an 30 kb executable file made by Microsoft, and it was actually a part of Windows.
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

Active Colors wrote: October 20th, 2018, 11:45 pm The registry method will not work. The DevCon is an 30 kb executable file made by Microsoft, and it was actually a part of Windows.
I'll look more into that then. If it doesn't need the end user to install something I will use that. Otherwise I'll think of something else. (I don't want the end user having to install anything more than the skin.) Thanks for the recommendation tho :bow:
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

kyriakos876 wrote: October 20th, 2018, 11:58 pm I'll look more into that then. If it doesn't need the end user to install something I will use that. Otherwise I'll think of something else. (I don't want the end user having to install anything more than the skin.) Thanks for the recommendation tho :bow:
It is not installing. They will just need to download and place a file. What I read from the internet is that this file differs for different Windows versions, especially since windows 10 is updated regularly. But from my experience I've seen programs that distributed that file and use just one version for any windows, disregarding if the system type is 32 or 64 bit. I guess it depends on what you want to do. For controlling services I guess it is enough for one basic file for all systems. Windows 8 32 bit version works perfect on my Windows 7 64 bit.