It is currently April 25th, 2024, 9:53 am

Radio tuning bar clipping thingy (hard to explain in title)

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
deXxterlab97

Radio tuning bar clipping thingy (hard to explain in title)

Post by deXxterlab97 »

http://oxenfree.wikia.com/wiki/The_Radio?file=Alexradio.gif

So I want to make something similar to the above GIF, with the plus and minus control at the sides for the volume bar

My first thought was to create that gif using image editor, then load it in its entireity and clip/crop it depending on where u select. Since I crop it, would the whole image be loaded and occupy space on desktop?

Would it load new image every time (like when i refersh rainmeter/skin would it be slow like a new image load or just like a skin refresh)? Or just the skin? Is there a better option?

The bar goes from 0 to 100, not like in the GIF obviously

Should I use shapes instead to draw? It's not a really complex image, and no I will keep it straight not curved for simplicity but I could try curved like the gif above
deXxterlab97
Mor3bane

Re: Radio tuning bar clipping thingy (hard to explain in title)

Post by Mor3bane »

hey Dexx,

The way I would try is the same as your initial idea. To use a circular/arc image and manage it with a Rotator Meter. Crop the image with a ImageMask.

There are heaps of examples on DeviantArt you can refer to for more methods. But this idea is the most direct way that I initially think of.

Or if you would be ok with a linear image - use an ImageMask with a BarImage Meter.
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
deXxterlab97

Post by deXxterlab97 »

Mor3bane wrote:hey Dexx,

The way I would try is the same as your initial idea. To use a circular/arc image and manage it with a Rotator Meter. Crop the image with a ImageMask.

There are heaps of examples on DeviantArt you can refer to for more methods. But this idea is the most direct way that I initially think of.

Or if you would be ok with a linear image - use an ImageMask with a BarImage Meter.
oooh i will look for imagemask

not confident with rotation just yet as i still need to make that image and i have limited editing skills lol

thanks
deXxterlab97
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

I'd propose another method to do this: I'd do this through TransformationMatrix, which is a very good (and to be honest, after a while not even a hard) option to rotate precisely any type of meters (including the Shape meters).
Are you interested? If you are, later I'll try to post a sample code, to do this.
deXxterlab97

Post by deXxterlab97 »

balala wrote:I'd propose another method to do this: I'd do this through TransformationMatrix, which is a very good (and to be honest, after a while not even a hard) option to rotate precisely any type of meters (including the Shape meters).
Are you interested? If you are, later I'll try to post a sample code, to do this.
i think i wont be rotating anything anymore, i have saved myself a hassle and went with the straight line thanks anyways
deXxterlab97
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

deXxterlab97 wrote:i think i wont be rotating anything anymore, i have saved myself a hassle and went with the straight line thanks anyways
As you wish...
deXxterlab97

Post by deXxterlab97 »

balala wrote:As you wish...
is it possible to load part of the image on rainmeter?

image mask looks like what i want to achieve, but since it will only show part of it and the whole bar is quiet long and won't fit my desktop most likely, does image mask solves this?
deXxterlab97
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

deXxterlab97 wrote:is it possible to load part of the image on rainmeter?
Yep, probably it is, just have to use the ImageCrop option.
deXxterlab97

Post by deXxterlab97 »

balala wrote:Yep, probably it is, just have to use the ImageCrop option.
so i'd new new crops everytime i move my bar left right (like in the gif) would that be a bit idk too much?
deXxterlab97
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

The cropping should have to be done based on the volume level, I suppose.
Eventually post the skin you have so far (along with the appropriate image) for specific help.