It is currently March 29th, 2024, 1:04 am

Volume selection for specific programs

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
FREE272

Volume selection for specific programs

Post by FREE272 »

Hi,
I whould like to get some help on my idea for Rainmeter.

When I play games I often talk with people on Discord. And sometimes I whould like to turn the volume of the game up to hear the ingame sound better, but then the volume of Discord is too lound, and I have to open "volume mixer" and manually adjust the audio of Discord. As I only turn up the volume of my headset with the same amount every time I adjust the volume of Dicord by the same amont. This is a repetitive task and therefore I whould like some buttons that when i click them adjust the volume to a specific value of only a selected program i.e. Discord.

I have made a simple image that should illustrate how I intend it to be.
When I click the buttons I want to change the volume of Discord (not the system volume) to 15%, 30% and 100% respectivly.
Is this possible, and if so do you have any ideas on how I could implement this?
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Volume selection for specific programs

Post by jsmorley »

I think you are going to want to start here:

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=140829#p140829
FREE272

Post by FREE272 »

Thanks for the reply!
I will give it a try.
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

jsmorley wrote:I think you are going to want to start here:

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=140829#p140829
:17what :o :thumbup: :great: :17good
The example skin simply rocks - have been looking for something like this.

A new toy!!!!!!! :17drums
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.