It is currently May 3rd, 2024, 9:11 pm

ActionTimer Confusion: Can "Wait" be a first action? [solved]

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Mor3bane

ActionTimer Confusion: Can "Wait" be a first action? [solved]

Post by Mor3bane »

I have a slider skin that is a music player.

I am trying to ascertain the order of Actions to delay the contents of the 'opened' slide skin so they do not appear before the slide is finished - or with tweaking right at the moment the slide finishes.

I have tried a few brute force methods but they all turn out the same- the meters show up too soon.

Any help would be appreciated.

Oh, I think my code is "upside-down", but the mechanics are as intended currently.
Slide Player_1.0.rmskin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Mor3bane on September 24th, 2018, 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: ActionTimer Confusion: Can "Wait" be a first action?

Post by jsmorley »

I'm not sure I follow what you are trying to achieve...
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

jsmorley wrote:I'm not sure I follow what you are trying to achieve...
Ok, I have the slide working - it is an image that splits horizontally and slides downward to expose the mechanics of the player.

When the slide is closed I will have a couple of basic widgets, but that isn't a thing right now.

What I am trying to achieve is for the buttons etc to only appear *after* the slider is fully opened - or if they can appear as it slides down that would be cool, but not necessarily important at this time.

So in pseudocode:

Image gets clicked
The slider slides down
Then after that happens the buttons and sound dial appear.

My issue is the ways I have tried up until now result in the buttons appearing instantly and the slider has not finished moving down all the way yet.

Does that make sense yet? I have had this idea for a while so my explanation may be a little weird :lol:
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I don't see any buttons or sound dial...
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

jsmorley wrote:I don't see any buttons or sound dial...
Neither do I.
All there is, is the volume control so far - I didnt add a bunch of images that wouldnt work properly yet.
The way I have tried it with: (doesnt work right...)

Code: Select all

[MeasureSlider]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=ActionTimer
ActionList1=Repeat SlideUp, 2, 50
SlideUp=[!SetVariable State "2"][!SetVariable OffSet "(Clamp(#OffSet#-9,0,609))"]#R#[!HideMeterGroup vol][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
ActionList2=Repeat SlideDown, 2, 50
SlideDown=[!SetVariable State "1"][!SetVariable OffSet "(Clamp(#OffSet#+9,0,609))"]#R#
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasureVolumeControl]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=ActionTimer
ActionList1=Wait 1800 | ShowVolume
ShowVolume=[!ShowMeterGroup vol]#K#

[MeterBase]
Meter=Image
ImageName=#@#Music Base.png
ImageTint=#Goth#
X=0
Y=(#OffSet#)
W=500
H=660
LeftMouseDownAction=[!CommandMeasure MeasureVolumeControl Execute 1]
LeftMouseUpAction=[!CommandMeasure MeasureSlider "Execute #State#"]
SolidColor=110,0,0,50
DynamicVariables=1
AntiAlias=1
Further code has the image meters grouped as Group=vol
My DevArt Gallery

jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Sorry, I'm just not following...

I see this:

Click to animate:
GIF.gif
What do you want it to do?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

Trying to get the volume control to appear *after* the slide completes.

Everything works except that. That is the problem.
My DevArt Gallery

jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Try this?

[MeasureSlider]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=ActionTimer
SlideUp=[!SetVariable State "2"][!SetVariable OffSet "(Clamp(#OffSet#-9,0,609))"]#R#
SlideDown=[!SetVariable State "1"][!SetVariable OffSet "(Clamp(#OffSet#+9,0,609))"]#R#
DynamicVariables=1
IfCondition=#OffSet# = 450
IfTrueAction=[!ShowMeterGroup vol][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
IfFalseAction=[!HideMeterGroup vol][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

An alternative, that doesn't depend on a specific value for #OffSet#, would be:

[MeasureSlider]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=ActionTimer
ActionList1=HideControls | Wait 1 | Repeat SlideUp, 2, 50
SlideUp=[!SetVariable State "2"][!SetVariable OffSet "(Clamp(#OffSet#-9,0,609))"]#R#
HideControls=[!HideMeterGroup vol][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
ActionList2=Repeat SlideDown, 2, 50 | Wait 1 | ShowControls
ShowControls=[!ShowMeterGroup vol][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
DynamicVariables=1
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

jsmorley wrote:Try this?

[MeasureSlider]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=ActionTimer
DynamicVariables=1
IfCondition=#OffSet# = 450
IfTrueAction=[!ShowMeterGroup vol][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
IfFalseAction=[!HideMeterGroup vol][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
Love it!
Looks perfect, and I can now adjust for the other controls according to the #offset# variable.
Woo Hoo.

THANKS jsmorley :great:
My DevArt Gallery