It is currently April 18th, 2024, 4:32 am

Auto tooltips display

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
xenium

Auto tooltips display

Post by xenium »

It's possible that the tooltips is automatically displayed when the skin is loaded and disappears after 10 seconds ?

Thanks
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Auto tooltips display

Post by balala »

xenium wrote:It's possible that the tooltips is automatically displayed when the skin is loaded and disappears after 10 seconds ?
No, I think it isn't, especially that ToolTips are a Windows feature, not a Rainmeter one. So, nor Rainmtere and nor a skin can't control them.
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

You can however create Rainmeter-driven simulacrum tooltips.

These would be in the order of sliding skins or similar - like a dialog box that has an ActionTImer on it.

There should be "something" in these forums on that topic possibly by searching forum or google for "scripted tooltips" etc.

I have seen several examples that might help out, but since I am lazy i will just point you that way - especially since I am currently in the process of scripting some sliding "pop ups". (i dont know how yet lol) :lol:
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

As balala said, it cannot be done using Windows tootips. As Mor3bane explained, it can be done in other ways.
Here is an example using a "Run Once" measure and a Timer Calc.

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
AccurateText=1
DynamicWindowSize=1

[MeasureOnLoad]
Measure=Calc
Formula=Counter
IfCondition=(MeasureOnLoad=1)
IfTrueAction=[!ShowMeter GreetingTip]
UpdateDivider=-1

[MeasureTimer10]
Measure=Calc
Formula=(MeasureTimer10+1)%10
IfCondition=(MeasureTimer10=9)
IfTrueAction=[!HideMeter GreetingTip][!DisableMeasure MeasureTimer10]

[MeterSimulator]
Meter=String
X=150
Y=200
FontColor=255,255,255
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
StringAlign=CenterCenter
ClipString=2
ClipStringW=200
Text="This is a simulated skin to demonstrate a popup tooltip when a skin is first loaded. It does nothing , other than provide a paragraph of text that can be a guide to how a popup tooltip would look and work."

[GreetingTip]
Meter=String
X=-100R
Y=-80R
SolidColor=227,227,227,210
Padding=8,8,8,8
Text="This is a sudo Tooltip.#CRLF#It will display for 10 seconds#CRLF#then disappear until the skin#CRLF#is unloaded and reloaded."
Hidden=1
{Click to show animation...}
tooltip.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
xenium

Post by xenium »

eclectic-tech wrote:As balala said, it cannot be done using Windows tootips. As Mor3bane explained, it can be done in other ways.
Here is an example using a "Run Once" measure and a Timer Calc.

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
AccurateText=1
DynamicWindowSize=1

[MeasureOnLoad]
Measure=Calc
Formula=Counter
IfCondition=(MeasureOnLoad=1)
IfTrueAction=[!ShowMeter GreetingTip]
UpdateDivider=-1

[MeasureTimer10]
Measure=Calc
Formula=(MeasureTimer10+1)%10
IfCondition=(MeasureTimer10=9)
IfTrueAction=[!HideMeter GreetingTip][!DisableMeasure MeasureTimer10]

[MeterSimulator]
Meter=String
X=150
Y=200
FontColor=255,255,255
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
StringAlign=CenterCenter
ClipString=2
ClipStringW=200
Text="This is a simulated skin to demonstrate a popup tooltip when a skin is first loaded. It does nothing , other than provide a paragraph of text that can be a guide to how a popup tooltip would look and work."

[GreetingTip]
Meter=String
X=-100R
Y=-80R
SolidColor=227,227,227,210
Padding=8,8,8,8
Text="This is a sudo Tooltip.#CRLF#It will display for 10 seconds#CRLF#then disappear until the skin#CRLF#is unloaded and reloaded."
Hidden=1
{Click to show animation...}tooltip.gif
:17good
Thank you very much!