It is currently April 20th, 2024, 12:50 am

Roundline GPU Temp Calc Formula - kinda lost [solved]

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Mor3bane

Roundline GPU Temp Calc Formula - kinda lost [solved]

Post by Mor3bane »

Hello, I am trying to use a roundline to show my GPU temp - it uses SpeedFan.

Anyway, the specs of my graphics card shut it down at 80 celcius - so that would be the max.

The following is what I am using:

Code: Select all

[MeasureGPUTemp]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpeedFanPlugin
SpeedFanType=Temperature
SpeedFanNumber=16
SpeedFanScale=C
IfCondition=(MeasureGPUTemp >= 73)
IfTrueAction=[!SetOption MeterGPU FontColor "255,0,0"][!Redraw *][!UpdateMeter "MeterGPU"]
IfCondition2=((MeasureGPUTemp >= 66) && (MeasureGPUTemp < 72))
IfTrueAction2=[!SetOption MeterGPU FontColor "255,175,0"][!Redraw *][!UpdateMeter "MeterGPU"]
IfCondition3=(MeasureGPUTemp < 65)
IfTrueAction3=[!SetOption MeterGPU FontColor #ColorZ#][!Redraw *][!UpdateMeter "MeterGPU"]

[MeasureGPUCalc]
Measure=Calc
Formula=???

[GPU]
MeasureName=MeasureGPUCalc
Meter=ROUNDLINE
X=134
Y=133
W=70
H=70
StartAngle=-1.5458897
RotationAngle=3.0817795
LineLength=88
LineStart=100
LineColor=#LineColor#
Solid=1
AntiAlias=10
I thought the formula would be a simple as (80 - [MeasureGPUTemp]) but that doesnt seem to do anything...
Last edited by Mor3bane on August 12th, 2018, 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Roundline GPU Temp Calc Formula - kinda lost

Post by jsmorley »

Mor3bane wrote:Hello, I am trying to use a roundline to show my GPU temp - it uses SpeedFan.

Anyway, the specs of my graphics card shut it down at 80 celcius - so that would be the max.

The following is what I am using:

[MeasureGPUTemp]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpeedFanPlugin
SpeedFanType=Temperature
SpeedFanNumber=16
SpeedFanScale=C
IfTrueAction=[!SetOption MeterGPU FontColor "255,0,0"][!Redraw *][!UpdateMeter "MeterGPU"]
IfTrueAction2=[!SetOption MeterGPU FontColor "255,175,0"][!Redraw *][!UpdateMeter "MeterGPU"]
IfTrueAction3=[!SetOption MeterGPU FontColor #ColorZ#][!Redraw *][!UpdateMeter "MeterGPU"]

[MeasureGPUCalc]
Measure=Calc
Formula=???

[GPU]
Meter=ROUNDLINE
X=134
Y=133
W=70
H=70
StartAngle=-1.5458897
RotationAngle=3.0817795
LineLength=88
LineStart=100
LineColor=#LineColor#
Solid=1
AntiAlias=10
I thought the formula would be a simple as (80 - [MeasureGPUTemp]) but that doesnt seem to do anything...
If you are going to use a formula like (80 - [MeasureGPUTemp]) with a [SectionVariable] in it, be sure to use DynamicVariables=1 on the measure.

https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/variables/section-variables/#DynamicVariables
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

Thanks jsmorley. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to make a difference...

[MeasureGPUTemp]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpeedFanPlugin
SpeedFanType=Temperature
SpeedFanNumber=16
SpeedFanScale=C
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasureGPUCalc]
Measure=Calc
Formula=(80 - [MeasureGPUTemp])
DynamicVariables=1

[GPU]
Meter=ROUNDLINE
X=134
Y=133
W=70
H=70
StartAngle=-1.5458897
RotationAngle=3.0817795
LineLength=88
LineStart=100
LineColor=#LineColor#
Solid=1
AntiAlias=10
DynamicVariables=1
Is it overdoing/breaking it to put DynamicVariables=1 like i did on all of them?
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Mor3bane wrote:Thanks jsmorley. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to make a difference...

[MeasureGPUTemp]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpeedFanPlugin
SpeedFanType=Temperature
SpeedFanNumber=16
SpeedFanScale=C
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasureGPUCalc]
Measure=Calc
Formula=(80 - [MeasureGPUTemp])
DynamicVariables=1

[GPU]
Meter=ROUNDLINE
X=134
Y=133
W=70
H=70
StartAngle=-1.5458897
RotationAngle=3.0817795
LineLength=88
LineStart=100
LineColor=#LineColor#
Solid=1
AntiAlias=10
DynamicVariables=1
Is it overdoing/breaking it to put DynamicVariables=1 like i did on all of them?
It will never "break" anything to overuse DynamicVariables, but it will make the skin just slightly less efficient and use a tiny tad more CPU.

https://docs.rainmeter.net/tips/dynamiccheatsheet/

In the code above, the only place you need it in on [MeasureGPUCalc].
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

jsmorley wrote:It will never "break" anything to overuse DynamicVariables, but it will make the skin just slightly less efficient and use a tiny tad more CPU.

https://docs.rainmeter.net/tips/dynamiccheatsheet/

In the code above, the only place you need it in on [MeasureGPUCalc].
Right. So there must be something I have not included. The roundline is meant to be at max a 180 degree arc. So instead of reflecting less than that, the arc stays at 180 the whole time. SO at 57c shouldn't it be just above a 90 degree arc?

I'm not sure what I am missing.

Thanks.
My DevArt Gallery

jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Mor3bane wrote:Right. So there must be something I have not included. The roundline is meant to be at max a 180 degree arc. So instead of reflecting less than that, the arc stays at 180 the whole time. SO at 57c shouldn't it be just above a 90 degree arc?

I'm not sure what I am missing.

Thanks.
You want a 180 arc starting where? From the top of the circle, at 270 degrees, or from the right, at 0 (360) degrees?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I'm not sure I follow any need for a Calc measure for this... If I fake a temperature in a skin (I don't have speedfan installed) and simply set a MinValue and MaxValue on it, it will work fine as is for percentage based meters.

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
DynamicWindowSize=1
AccurateText=1

[Variables]
LineColor=255,255,255,255
BackColor=47,47,47,255

[MeasureGPUTemp]
Measure=Calc
Formula=20
MinValue=0
MaxValue=80

[GPUBack]
Meter=ROUNDLINE
W=70
H=70
StartAngle=(Rad(0))
RotationAngle=(Rad(180))
LineLength=35
LineStart=25
LineColor=#BackColor#
Solid=1
AntiAlias=1

[GPU]
MeasureName=MeasureGPUTemp
Meter=ROUNDLINE
W=70
H=70
StartAngle=(Rad(0))
RotationAngle=(Rad(180))
LineLength=35
LineStart=25
LineColor=#LineColor#
Solid=1
AntiAlias=1
1.jpg
I also don't follow the values you are setting for X/Y/W/H LineStart and LineLength. You might want to review the docs for Roundline.

https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/meters/roundline/

All I am doing is starting the arc at a position of 360 degrees (to the right of center), and traversing 180 degrees when the value is at 100% (so it will end up to the left of center). Those can be any values you want, depending on where you want the arc to start and where you want it to sweep to. I use degrees instead of raw radians, because... Who really wants to deal in radians...

Then the LineStart and LineLength are based on the CENTER of the circle. So you set a W and H, and the center will be 1/2 of those. So with a W of 70, the center of the circle is at 35. To have a solid line that is 10 pixels wide and ends at the outer edge of the circle, I set LineStart to 25, and LineLength to 35.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

Thanks again.

Turns out this is all I needed for this to work:

[MeasureGPUCalc]
Measure=Calc
Formula=([MeasureGPUTemp] / 80)
DynamicVariables=1
My DevArt Gallery

jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Mor3bane wrote:Thanks again.

Turns out this is all I needed for this to work:

[MeasureGPUCalc]
Measure=Calc
DynamicVariables=1
I resist that you need that at all... ;-)
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

[MeasureGPUTemp]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpeedFanPlugin
SpeedFanType=Temperature
SpeedFanNumber=16
SpeedFanScale=C

[MeasureGPUCalc]
Measure=Calc
DynamicVariables=1

[GPU]
Meter=ROUNDLINE
X=134
Y=133
W=70
H=70
StartAngle=-1.5458897
RotationAngle=3.0817795
LineLength=88
LineStart=100
LineColor=#FreeColor#
Solid=1
AntiAlias=10
Untitled.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My DevArt Gallery