It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:27 pm

4.2 question Win7Audio... [solved]

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Mor3bane

4.2 question Win7Audio... [solved]

Post by Mor3bane »

So this should be simple, but there is no example in the 4.2 manual.

What is !CommandMeasure "MeasureWin7Audio" "SetOutputIndex index" used for?

Is it to change between audio players, or between output devices - such as speakers/digital audio?

An example would be superb. :)

Just not sure what this refers to e.g. "device"
!CommandMeasure "MeasureWin7Audio" "SetOutputIndex index"
Set a specific device with index. This depends on your system setup and number of output devices.
Last edited by Mor3bane on July 19th, 2018, 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
Brian
Developer

Re: 4.2 question Win7Audio...

Post by Brian »

Mor3bane wrote:What is !CommandMeasure "MeasureWin7Audio" "SetOutputIndex index" used for?

Is it to change between audio players, or between output devices - such as speakers/digital audio?

An example would be superb. :)

Just not sure what this refers to e.g. "device"
This is used to tell Windows to change output devices.
OutputDevice.png
index will be a number representing the position in the list of all the output devices.
So in the above picture, Index 1 is the first "Digital Audio", index 2 is "Speakers", and index 3 is the second "Digital Audio". This is of course on my system and each computer could be different.

So if I wanted to change to index 1, the bang would like this: [!CommandMeasure MeasureWin7Audio "SetOutputIndex 1"] and so forth.

-Brian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mor3bane

Re: 4.2 question Win7Audio...

Post by Mor3bane »

Awesome! I was hoping you would say that :17group
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.